Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved_Reptiles

Reaction score
So I've recently adopted 2 non feeding hatchies Betty and Wilma! Betty being a childrens python & Wilma a spotted. I have really enjoyed taking on little hatchies and have decided to do this in the future rather than breeding my own snakes. Why not give the little ones an extra chance in life, it is time consuming but I get great enjoyment out of it.
So today whilst cleaning I decided to take some pics of the girls, hope you enjoy!

First 2 pics are Betty, last one is Wilma!

Attachments

• 2011-05-23_15-12-53_282.jpg
    2011-05-23_15-12-53_282.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 2011-05-23_15-12-45_511.jpg
    2011-05-23_15-12-45_511.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 052311151047.jpg
    052311151047.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 112
Good on your for taking them. I like the names haha. How long have they gone without feeding?

That is so good of you! I agree with the adoption rather than breeding decision, there are so many hatchies flooding the market with many that don't get the assistance they need! Good on you!

^ agreed, good work! both little cuties =] are you going to sell them once there established feeders?

What a champion you are Jess! :) I'm sure they will now thrive in your care, and we will look forward to updates on their progress!

Well done! :)

Best,
Carolyn

They were always assist fed as babies, Betty is 7mths ol and Wilma is 5months and only really had tails. 2 days ago I finally got Betty to assist feed on a pinkie for the first time and funnily enough I had Wilma eating on her own 2 days after getting her. Her previous owner had tried everything! However at the moment she will only eat whilst in your hand, isn't interested in her tank, but it's something for now. I've only had them a few weeks now but they're doing great!
In the future I am hoping to rehome any I adopt but only once they are good strong feeders, otherwise they'll stay with me!

Great work, hope things continue to go well for them Jess.

Thanks for all your kind responses, here's a pic of Wilma having her first non assisted feed!

Attachments

• 2011-05-12_21-55-46_551.jpg
    2011-05-12_21-55-46_551.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 64
Im also after non-feeding snakes,but will ONLY take Greens,Albino darwins-Olives,striped carpets,Womas-Bhp,or maybe ever a Jag..Top stuff Jess..

Wow what a good idea.... great work. Did you have experince with troubled feeders prior to taking this on. I would love to give it a go but have no experience in this at all. But do have a small hatchie rack with a few free spaces;-)

Like someone said there r heaps of hatchies around...... What happens to the ones that dont get sold? Do all you breeding people just keep them? I have heard the term BHP food before .... do people really do that?

Good luck can be immensley frustrating trying to get non feeders to eat I was sold 2 non feeders last year from a reputable breeder that didnt tell me still having trouble

Good on you, that's excellent! Really funny how the little one is comfortable eating whilst it's on your hand :)

Good luck can be immensley frustrating trying to get non feeders to eat I was sold 2 non feeders last year from a reputable breeder that didnt tell me still having trouble

Sorry to hear you were sold non feeders and weren't made aware of it, I really don't think they should be homed like this unless the new owner is well aware!
I have had some previous experience but I'm the first to say I don't know all the ins and outs. I've been very patient with them and so far have had a good response, it can be time consuming as to why I decided to offer this service. People with lots of hatchies really wouldn't have the time to spend on these guys. Plus you really need to enjoy the satisfaction of persisting to get the end result, couldn't wipe the smile off my face when Wilma took her first feed.
I'm picking up another little childrens on the weekend. I'm happy to take on these snakes no matter what the species (other than elapids obviously) it just seems antaresia are stubborn things!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back