Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluey87

Reaction score
just watched my hatchling eat i think its one of the best things ive seen ive seen snakes eat b4 i had a python last yr but i still cant get over how awesome it is to watch

I cannot wait to see my little Hatchling Whisper eat, she is still settling at the moment so will try her in a bit :)
thanx for sharing
Kind regards
Crystal

Watched mine eat last night, he striked and coiled, only to realize that he was eating feet first so went UFC on its a$$ and literally pounded it across the enclosure. Substrate went everywhere and he ended up eating it feet first anyway... All that fuss for nothing! It was hilarious to watch though... I think he just likes pretending that the mouse is still alive so he wrestles with it first :)

My guy always seems to fall off his perch into the water bowl as he takes the rat out of my hand! I always worry about him drowning! Haha.. and he eats so slow!!

I fed my jungle last night, didn't seem interested at first. I dropped it in the tank, turned around to get something and then out of no where came out and smashed the rat into the glass! Obviously she was a little hungry! Hehe

lol yeh loaf ate pretty slow it took her about 3mins b4 she started acutally swollowing it

Rats up here are all different sizes from the pet shops and the supply sucks. So I go
to a "real rat breeder" and buy some small rats for my bhp. They are ginormous in comparison to
what he has previously had. Partner and I stubbies in hand sat and watched the outcome.
First time he has taken a good look and summed up the actual size of the beast.
Great entertainment, got it down there no worries!

Its always a show watching my tigers eat.. such pigs!! Moment they see that prey item its all eyes locked, coil and strike before you can blink.. Iv got one female though who is so lazy you have to tap her on the 'nose' before she will pay any attention to it and then ever so slowly bite the prey lol.. funny to watch :p

game feeding with fingers =S mine struck at the tongs tonight...

game feeding with fingers =S mine struck at the tongs tonight...

I'll probably have to change to tongs when they are bigger, or I'll just man up lol.

That particular fella has never bitten, he's even touched noses with a dog. You can unwrap him from branches, wave food in his face, etc and he won't ever snap at you. No idea why.

The female sometimes bites, but it doesn't hurt :D

aww mines really bitey =/ shes still only tiny though so hopefully she'll grow out of it. Smashes her food though and thats the important bit =]

hopefully my RSP will be placid... Still feeding with tongs though!

thanks for that kawasaki how big is ur jungle? that rat was massive my bredli is about 40cm and i feed her mice bout 5cm long should i feed her bigger ones?

On of my hatchies feeding [just before], this guy deciding to drag it all over the enclosure then spat it out and finally then decided to eat it.. we won the battle in the end, it was his first pinkie :D so pleased

IMG_0172-1.jpg

thanks for that kawasaki how big is ur jungle? that rat was massive my bredli is about 40cm and i feed her mice bout 5cm long should i feed her bigger ones?

No drama's, anything to show my snakes off, haha. That one in the video is probably close to 60 cm. He's still a wittle baby :D The other one is smaller than him and eats that size, too. Don't follow my advice though, I'm just a newbie. I made a thread and there's controversy about food sizes. Wokka (rodent farm owner) says that they are fine eating something that large, and others say it's a bit too big. I've had no problems, though :D

Jazzv - I have 3 jungles out of the same clutch, the one in the video is really calm, his sister was a demon when I got her, but I just let her bite me until she got tired of it, and handled her frequently. Twice a day for a few minutes. She's really good, now. Took less than a week for her to go from a chainsaw to an angel :D I get the very odd bite from her, but it's only occasional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back