Scrubby as a first snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Let's see some photos of peoples scrub pythons! Obviously not a great starting snake, but I thought the question might attract some attention.. Thus more photos :)

I saw the scrubbies at currumbin on Sunday they are massive couldn't get good pics because of all the people there and the file snake not there either?

while your on subject i dont reckon there the worst first snake,most people have young ones that are not big and they can teach you alot about snake handling with out being envenomated.
I have met a few placid ones,peter buckleys is the sweetest of them all,and Anthony stimson has a really quiet one too.
But a cranky one is a good learning experience :)

Yeah I'm gonna head to to Sydney W. World, apparently they have a nice one apparently?

I was thinking about one.. But don't have nearly enough space for anything over 3m.. Let along up to 6!

Since there arn't any photos yet. These are some of the Scrubs from the local Zoo and one of my all time fav photos i've ever taken! Enjoy!

SPSnake.jpg

Such beautiful snakes! Thanks for the nice photos!

To the keepers- how do you find their temperment on average? are they snappy/ aggro? or like any other snake? How big would you recommend a cage for an adult as well? What were they prices you got them for too?

They truely are such an amazing snake! if they only grew to around 3 or 4m id definately have one by now!

Unpredictable

That sums up 99.9% of scrubbies
I trust most of my snakes totally
I only ever had one scrubby I trusted anywhere close to totally

Unpredictable

That sums up 99.9% of scrubbies
I trust most of my snakes totally
I only ever had one scrubby I trusted anywhere close to totally

Fair enough, I guess thats what 99.0% of people would say as well. Iv never actually handled one before so i wouldn't know. Am looking to get a job soon involving catering for one of these amazing snakes! maybe when im like 50 one day, will i sell my others and buy a scrubby!

I get my two tomorrow arvo, super excited! Pictures on the way.

Whoops. thought this was a new thread. didnt realize I was looking at what I had searched earlier. sorry guys.

I like all snakes.
But I like scrubbies the least.
I did decide to try again and kept one a few years ago.
It was the worst decision I've made in ages. I'd go a pet rock before a scrubbie, and if i couldn't find a pet rock I'd go a brick, or handful of dirt.
Anything but a scrubbie.

...and if i couldn't find a pet rock I'd go a brick....

I sell Bricks for a living, and we have many fine pet bricks available at the moment if you're looking for one? We also have display bricks as well if you're looking for something a little more fancy

J/Ks

I sell Bricks for a living, and we have many fine pet bricks available at the moment if you're looking for one? We also have display bricks as well if you're looking for something a little more fancy

J/Ks

hahahahahha

I keep a lot of scrubs as most would know, they are a great snake to own and deserve a lot of respect they grow quick,have long teeth with an attitude to match and obviously get large. as said before, there's no cure for lack of oxygen :lol:
anyhow your questions been answered already ill add a few pics of some of mine ;)

cheers, smithy. lCAG6PUZI.jpgscrub.jpgSDC11985 (600 x 351).jpgSDC12503.JPG283315_10150335338649416_568719415_9632236_4807657_s.jpg

p.s check out one of my last threads...its good for a laugh :) haha
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/general-reptile-discussion-42/amatures-shouldnt-scrub-pythons-warning-165762/

thanks andy,give me a year and these will look average compared to what i have in the mix ;) love my scrubs :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back