Liar liar liar liar! *For fun!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MChaz

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I've read on a few threads about people buying snakes and then finding out it isn't what they paid for! Thought I would start a fun thread about things you have bought that are definitely NOT what you paid for. Whether it be something off of eBay, an animal, a phone... anything!

I guess I'll go first... my dog :)
I bought her from the RSPCA when she was six weeks old and she was advertised as a German Shepherd X Husky. She looked a bit german shepherd in her face and you could see the husky in her tail and patterns so we thought "Yeah I guess she is!"

Took her to the vet for a check up about a year later and he wondered where we were able to purchase a Dingo X???
Hahahah!
He gave a bit of a lecture until we assured him we got her from the RSPCA (and after checking her microchip he believed us). Sandy is a beautiful dog and as she has got older you can see the dingo in her... her stance, her colour, her face, her 'hunting' thing she does... Shes also a big howler; what with dingos being part of the wolf family...

So who has literally sold you a lie?

Attachments

• SANDY.jpg
    SANDY.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 123
Lol, I'm glad I'm good with cars... Too many people get sold lemons. In the old days, bog used to be an issue, but now people use insulating foam and shape it, small layer of bog, the eye would NEVER tell. I've seen cars passed off like that plenty of times.

If you know what you're doing, you can get things to work in your favour, though. I convinced a guy to swap his immaculate factory 5 speed (getrag) VT executive for my auto XF ute with 240,000 km lol. The VT's 5 speed had a dodgy synchro, but nothing else wrong with it. I made a killing, got the ute back, and sold that again :p

Same sort of thing happended to me MChaz. I got a Bull-terrier x from a pet rescue place. As a 6 week old puppy she looks like a bull terrier but by about 3months, it was obvious that she wasnt.

Hey guys

I've read on a few threads about people buying snakes and then finding out it isn't what they paid for! Thought I would start a fun thread about things you have bought that are definitely NOT what you paid for. Whether it be something off of eBay, an animal, a phone... anything!

I guess I'll go first... my dog :)
I bought her from the RSPCA when she was six weeks old and she was advertised as a German Shepherd X Husky. She looked a bit german shepherd in her face and you could see the husky in her tail and patterns so we thought "Yeah I guess she is!"

Took her to the vet for a check up about a year later and he wondered where we were able to purchase a Dingo X???
Hahahah!
He gave a bit of a lecture until we assured him we got her from the RSPCA (and after checking her microchip he believed us). Sandy is a beautiful dog and as she has got older you can see the dingo in her... her stance, her colour, her face, her 'hunting' thing she does... Shes also a big howler; what with dingos being part of the wolf family...

So who has literally sold you a lie?

here is a pic of my DINGO X :D

Attachments

• JOR_0023.jpg
    JOR_0023.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 132
uhmm ham? mum bought Virginian ham from foodland and they labeled it triple smoked instead ....opened it up after ma went bananas, crackers and nuts just to find out it was Virginian ham

uhmm ham? mum bought Virginian ham from foodland and they labeled it triple smoked instead ....opened it up after ma went bananas, crackers and nuts just to find out it was Virginian ham

Your mother must be fairly passionate about her deli products.

it was expensive...funny that it was the cheapest ham available

HAHAHAH Lambert! Nice!

Yep I know people who have no eye for detail of any kind and have bought lemons (as in car lemons lol)... Infact me and my dad were trying to figure out why my cousins "brand new" engine wasnt working... found the problem... it had "LEMON" written underneath it in posca!! lol!

Hey Sean at least yours looks like a dingo! Its beautiful :) My dog has just stacked on the weight because we spoil her too much... We got a photo when we went to Currumbin wildlife sanct. with their dingo and it is literally a splitting (and skinny) image of my dog. Its spooky..

I'll need to find it and put a comparison pic up!

This is only sort of related, inasmuch I didn't end up buying what I was shown...but this only happened a couple of weeks ago and your post reminded me of it cause what I got wasn't what I expected.

I see a few Tiger Snakes from time to time at my work; it's a real treat every time and never gets old, so when a call came over the radio for me to get to the toilets quick-smart as there was a snake in there, I bolted with wings on my heels. When I get up there, there's a shaken-looking woman who points to one of the cubicles, and says "It's in there. It's venomous I think, but I think it's just a little one. I just got out when I saw it."

I don't have venomous snake experience (want to get that sorted out this year) but I wanted to make an ID and isolate the snake before calling the catcher, so I carefully peered in the door. Split-second first thought: "What the hell's a viper doing in Melbourne?!" In the other half of the second came the realisation that someone had planted a toy rubber viper in the women's toilets. I couldn't help laughing, and the woman outside asks if I'm okay.
"Fine", I replied, "it's a toy snake."
"Oh no it's not! I saw it moving!"
I came out, carrying it. Whereupon she was rather embarrassed. Toy snake lives in the staff room now and smiles at us during lunchtimes.:)

I got an E-bay account and had some fun buying those rc helicopters...they dont last long lol.

but the funny thing that happened was...i wanted a new pair of sony erricsson headphones for my phone, i ordered them from uhhh hong kong i think, few weeks later woohoo package arrives looks a bit big for headphones (football size) but ok whatever just alot of wrapping...i open it up to find myself with a cheap, ugly looking womans fur coat that i wouldnt even bother giving to anyone. my family/friends had a real good laugh tho.

I bought a 1m. long decarotive sword off ebay from where ever it was.
So the package gets to my place, i open it up to find the sword isn't no longer than 50cm :(
but still a great looking sword i must say.

we sometimes do our grocery shopping online...
and in one our shops we did we asked for two loaves of bread, when the groceries got delivered there was no bread, instead of the bread we got two packets of raspeberry twists...don't know how they worked that one out..

its certainly more convenient having it delivered to you..i find it cheaper...it could be because you don't buy as many things on impulse, like you do when you are walking down the isles, you sort of just chuck stuff in the trolley. It's also easier to budget the groceries as well because you know how much you will be spending...i did my shopping at the actual store and spent a lot more in store then what i did online...

Which website do you use? I'm pretty picky with meat, only buy the heart smart stuff and pick the thick steaks, and I select the bits of salmon I like best, so it probably would be no good for meat, but for everything else it might be alright.

Both woolies and coles offer the service, the only difference between them, is that with woolies you have to pay as soon as your order it, and coles you can either pay for it via eftpos when it arrives or they will take it out of your account once it has been delivered. Yeah we still go to the butchers and stuff for our meat and stuff because we get chicken necks and chicken frames and big bones for all our dogs from the butcher.
But as you said, for everything else it's a lot easier and saves time browsing the at the store trying to figure out what you do need and don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back