Small Prolapse

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

naledge

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I decided to make a new thread to keep all the information I have concentrated in the first post instead of strewn across two pages.

We've worked out it's a small prolapse.
Well, to me it doesn't even look like that, because none of the insides are actually on the outside, it looks more like the inside of her vent is a tad swollen.

I gave her a warm sugar bath and the vent stayed normal for two days and then it happened again, gave her another warm sugar bath and it went back to normal again, but I'm worried the problems will keep happening.

I've attached two photos of what it looked like at its worst.

I'm hoping for someone to help me out here so that I can get it fixed in my own home, as the two vets in my town don't know a thing about reptiles, let alone Ackies. and the nearest city with more vets in the state is about 6 hours away.

Thanks.

Attachments

• ackie1.jpg
    ackie1.jpg
    371.9 KB · Views: 115
  • ackie2.jpg
    ackie2.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 106
hey buddy take them back to were you gott em from ;0 them guys are always VERY helping....

Hi Naledge

I just come across this old post.
I thought I would answer the post anyway.

This is not a prolapse ....lol
This is very normal for most monitors to do this when you pick them up.
Some even go further & invert there hemi penis out.

You should have sent me a pic to my email & it would have saved you the vet bill:shock:

Classic...lol :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back