Tight fit

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgwynn

Reaction score
Just wanted to share these pictures.

Got home from work today to find my woma, Baby, curled up in his skull. I couldn't believe he managed to fit his whole self in such a tight spot. Once I started taking photos he woke up and watching him emerge from such a tiny space was amazing. He just seemed to keep coming and coming. Incredible.

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

haha it reminds me of the clown cars :p
man once i have had more experience with snakes im definitely going to buy a woma!

Why don't people recommend womas as first snakes?
I haven't had any experience with them... Is it to do with size or tempermant or feeding?

the size was the only factor with me really. i just wanted a snake that was small (as i have a small area to keep it) :)

I haven't had any experience with them... Is it to do with size or tempermant or feeding?

Heaps of people do. Apparently all you have to watch out for is the feeding response

Nice Woma. What type of substrate is that ? It looks good.

I can't speak for all of them, obviously, but yeah, I think a woma would make an awesome first snake, and wish somebody had told me to get a few when I was wanting a first snake! It took me weeks to get my diamond to start feeding. The woma? Ready to go right away. And when food isn't involved, he's the most placid snake I've ever met. He's also a lot more active during the day, and seems to really enjoy coming out of his enclosure to explore.

Nice Woma. What type of substrate is that ? It looks good.

It's called Wild Crystal sand... I got some at the Hawkesbury Herp expo to try out. I think it looks good, he likes shoving it around, and it doesn't absorb water when I spill his water bowl, which I do every single time I change it.

Thank you all for your nice comments. I'll have to try and measure him to see how long he is.

I got a woma girl as my second snake, she is so good, never shown any aggression towards anyone, since she was brand new she has fed well and never striked at me. Definently a good first snake because I know how crappy it can be to have a fussy feeder as a first snake.... Not cool

Gorgeous Woma, love it when they curl up nice & tight, they look so small but them seem to go on forever when they uncurl.

One of the Doc Rock articles says Womas are an excellent first snake & I would have to agree, I think the great feed response is a good thing for a first snake as long as you are aware to stay away during feed time. At least there shouldn't be feeding issues. I have heard some Womas can be a little feisty during the first 12 months and settle by the time they are a yr old...but I think that can be said for any young snake who is near the bottom of the food chain, it is all comes down to the individual snake.
Our little fella is so placid but come tucker time he is fulling aware & waiting. We stuck to a routine of daytime is for handling & nighttime is for feeding & the only time he has bitten was when my son broke that routine & got him out at night, full feeding bit too. He also opened his mouth & bit him the first time he stuck his hand into the cage, didn't strike, just had a little taste, lol.
Check out the article on Southern Cross Reptiles about Womas.

Awesome photos, and a beautiful snake!

I got a woma as my first snake, and he is just brilliant. So placid, if he was any more laid back he would be asleep. Although I think I've got a bit of a freak, as he doesn't have the famous Woma feeding response, he does the old "Nuzzle up and then gently bite" rather than throw himself at it. And he also seems to be a bit fussy, he's turned down a few feeds lately but that probably has something to do with the cold weather setting in.
But brilliant for a first snake, he's already converted 3 or 4 of my firends who started out saying "Urgh a snake, get me a shovel", one of them was patting him and saying how cute he is within half an hour, another timidly patted him but said how cool he is, and now is determinded to hold him!

Yeh my one is very relaxed, and she just slowly starts eating, doesn't strike very often. She is a big softy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back