Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it were simple recessive it would have proved out when the offspring was paired back to the pied parent 50% roughly should have been piebald. Will be interesting to see the results if it proves out.

I was originally keen to get a pair of hets, until I heard on the grapevine that they actually have Childreni in the mix,. anyone else heard anything about this?

I was originally keen to get a pair of hets, until I heard on the grapevine that they actually have Childreni in the mix,. anyone else heard anything about this?

you have to wade through a lot of BS before getting to the truth on this one

Does it matter anyway? They'll be crossed with every possible antaresia morph and variety before too long

well yea to me it matters,. if they have Childreni in the mix then why not say so?
When I contacted Snake Ranch I received a rather vague reply from a lady there.
Either way they are Beautiful animals.

It does if you don't want any Childreni or Stinsoni with your Maculosa.....
Haha for some reason that made me think of the phrase: "do you want fries with that?" :p

I can sort of understand the desire to have "pure" animals but I think CodeRed's has a point here especially since an albino looks so different to a regular animal anyway. I think most people would have a very difficult time discerning the difference between Antaresia species if they didn't have their "natural" colouring

I am not sure what's in the mix , but I agree with Code sooner or later they will be mixed with all sorts of things .

well yea to me it matters,. if they have Childreni in the mix then why not say so?
When I contacted Snake Ranch I received a rather vague reply from a lady there.
Either way they are Beautiful animals.

You will get the same response if you quize them on their WB'S

well everyone seems to be very accepting to crosses these days, but some of us dont care to keep them,. I am not denying there are some stunning crosses about these days,. but for those that do want to keep their animals pure it would be nice to know if they are crossed.
If infact they do have Childreni in the mix & have not made that clear, then that is just sneaky imo.

Haha for some reason that made me think of the phrase: "do you want fries with that?" :p

I can sort of understand the desire to have "pure" animals but I think CodeRed's has a point here especially since an albino looks so different to a regular animal anyway. I think most people would have a very difficult time discerning the difference between Antaresia species if they didn't have their "natural" colouring

I think the point is that we'll never know the truth. There was a lot of smoke and mirrors when these animals were first produced and lots of claims as to whos lines they came from, what happened to the parents etc etc. Only those directly involved in the initial breeding will ever know the truth. The rest of us will have to rely on what we are told 3rd, 4th and 5th hand. Bit like the X-files, the truth is out there ......

Not saying it isn't true but what would be the point of crossing them? Would it be that they just threw the male across every Ant female they had?

Not saying it isn't true but what would be the point of crossing them? Would it be that they just threw the male across every Ant female they had?

That is exactly what is going to happen.They already are doing that now with albino darwins.

I bet dollars to chocolate freckles I'll be able to tell the difference between an albino childreni, and blonde mac, normal mac, and platinum macs very easily.

The problem will be telling the difference between an albino childreni and an albino stimsoni. THAT will be HARD.

I'll drop a hint: Size does matter.

The photos of the albino that snake ranch has looks very plain. Breeding out to say a wheatbelt should put some colour into the morph which i for one would love to see.

A true albino wheatbelt (not an outcrossed albino mac, that is) would really look the shiz, hey?
I can say that I would love to see some albino stimsons, especially albinos coming from lines that have deep red colouring - which the wheatbelt is one.

Just give it time and "ALL" the Anteresias will be come in Albino...

Well, if that breeder who has that leucistic mac starts breeding it (I think he already has) we'll get basically solid white snakes so at that point, apart from having field experts looking at the snake and doing extensive scale counts, you won't be able to tell any of the antaresias apart except for maybe sizes providing a possible clue.

We have not just albinos, but also leucistics to deal with. Throw the leucistic into the mix and there'll be some problems knowing what antaresia you will actually have. Albinos remove some of the pigment which allows one to tell the difference at least to some extent (except for maybe childrens vs stimsons), whereas leucistics remove ALL of the pigment so therefore removing any and all clues about what it is, so at that stage it'll just come down to scale counts.

Any one care to elaborate without colouration/pattern how each of the "four" Antaresia can be split.....

Thats just it....there is overlap among all of the "species" except for ventral counts of perthensis and stimsoni.... are they really species or geographical variation across a wide ranging species.....like carpets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back