stimson python jaw dislocation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes17

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HELP!!!! my stimson python ate last tuesday and i only noticed a few days ago that her jaw looks dislocated or something the bottom part of her jaw is to one side and i can see into her mouth and she is very jumpy wen i go near her nd she isnt looking to well i no they can put them back in themselves but this looks really bad.

how big is she and how big was the meal ? Maybe take her to a vet

Sounds like you need to take her to a good reptile vet. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Hi she is just over a metre and the rat was smaller than wat she usually eats and yer i think its gonna be a trip to the vet thanks.

Hi yeah i think i will have to it looks to b getting worse i rang the vets this morning but because its saturday the reptile vets arent on so i have to go during the week wich sux. thanks

Hi i live in cooloola Cove its near Tin Can Bay.

I might get slammed for this but have you tried giving it another prey item to see if that can help her realign it on her own?

Hi yeah i thought that b4 wen i was watching her trying to do it but its out to much to do it herself maybe i could try another rat. Thanks

It's possible she has caught her lip on her teeth, can you post a pic?
You need to use your own judgement whether to see the vet. Relying on forum advice has it's dangers, I know of a recent case where an animal in the same situation needed surgery.

That does look like it simply hasn't put it back straight properly but if it won't take a feed to straighten it back up you might need to call into the vet

Yeah..you won't be able to fix that yourself. With her mouth constantly slightly open she'll be in losing fluid more rapidly than usual and is in danger of dehydrating. You need to see a knowledgable reptile vet fairly quickly.

Oh ok yeah she has her mouth open all the time and it was salivery but now its dry and i think she is finding it hard to breath she also isn't putting her tongue out much. She wants to eat but i dont think she can open her mouth wide enough. She is trying to shed aswell but is having trouble so yep i think it mite have to be a trip to the vet but i'm not liking the sound of the bill It's $55 for consultation $145 for x-ray $175 if they need to put her under and then how ever much to fix her so yeah not cheap.

Big bills come with owning animals.

I have an "encase of pet emergency" bank account just for this kind of thing.

first of all not having a go but jeeessssuzzzz how could you not notice that ! that looks bad ! BAD ! did she/he strike the side of her enclosure or tub at all ???

yeah we have been thinking bout pet insurance but the 2 insurance companies we asked don't do snakes do u no of any that do do snakes. Does anyone no if she could die from this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back