Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad to hear about the bubs, but good to see that you're giving her a second lease at life!
For some reason i'm not suprised that she's good at eating!! Tigers put it away like there's no tomorrow.

lol you don't have to tell me that twice! these guys here eat like kings, day-old chickens, necks/wings and of course mice, they wont eat rats yet for me which is annoying.. it was a pity about the babies but it was too late in the season considering her in tas its winter already!

Interesting that they won't take rats yet. It's usually just anything that smells remotely like any source of food will be instantly inhaled!
It's freezing here in Vic already, can't imagine Hobart.

haha yeah, dont know why either.. iv had them want to eat pizza before, so i dont know.. heres another female that was a rescue aswell.. she is doing much better now, putting on weight :)
SDC11977.jpg

Iv got some better pics of my tigers but i think i might get flamed about free-handling lol

Ah just post them! It's been done before...
I love Tigers no matter how manky and beat-up they are.

Whiteblaze, Wow! More often than not Tigers are just pussy cats.... They are just beautiful snakes to work with.
I couldn't agree with you more. i love my tiger snakes, by far my favorite ven.. iv got some lowland coppers as well but the tigers are my favorites.. Such placid snakes to handle :) That little tiger i got from the mines has a white underbelly and a wonderful temp to go with it.. the only thing he wanted to do was eat and drink when i got him home!

A few Highland Copperhead pics from a recent local trip. (thanks Baz, it worked second time around).

Attachments

• copperhead 215 [1600x1200].jpg
    copperhead 215 [1600x1200].jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 179
  • swampy 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    swampy 004 [1600x1200].jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 206
  • copperhead 248 [1600x1200].jpg
    copperhead 248 [1600x1200].jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 150
  • copperhead 250 [1600x1200].jpg
    copperhead 250 [1600x1200].jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 144
  • swampy 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    swampy 001 [1600x1200].jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 136
Thanks guys. I'm still amazed at the subtle variation in colour of these guys, even from a few hundred metres apart and the temps at which they're still active (top of 15c on the day)!

Some baby albinoes! They vary so much you can't find two which look the same! These are all from the same litter, about 5-10 hours old (haven't sloughed yet). I still haven't quite worked out how to tell what the babies will look like - the adults vary heaps too! The red ones tend to hold reddish colour and the dull babies seem to become the lightest adults (surprisingly), but there's a lot more to it than that, and I am very far from understanding it. I put some more pictures up in another thread.

BabyalbinoAddersvarietypack.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back