selling snakes with out paper work

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluey87

Reaction score
hey there is an ad on another website its actually a car website, a guy is selling a coastal carpet python that he acquired from a friend that passed away he does not have paperwork or even a reptile license for this snake as like i said hes lookin after it after his friend passed away, what would be the best thing to do with this situation? i was thinking of buying it but than i don't want to get into trouble for having a snake thats not recorded on my license? could ppl please give me there opinions

Contact him and politely inform him that he needs a license
Its tough circumstances for him though.

I think why would you sell a snake on a car web site?!?!?! Oh and ask the relevant wildlife body in QLD

I would contact him and ask him if could explain the situation to the wildlife department in QLD, like AaronR said.

ok thanks, the car site has a miscellaneous for sale section and a pets for sale section i suss it out everynow and than

Leave him alone, why is everyone so interested in what other people are doing.
Just go buy a carpet python with papers, they aren't exactly understock.

Leave him alone, why is everyone so interested in what other people are doing.
Just go buy a carpet python with papers, they aren't exactly understock.

leave who alone the guy is wanting to sell or give away this snake he didnt want it in the first place but his friend died and he got stuck with it so hes put an ad up on boostcruising saying he wants to sell it so i was askin ppls opinions on what should be done about it

as i was searching the for sale ads i came across the ad

Best to advise him to contact the authorities on the matter, and not get yourself in strife for the sake of helping someone with a sad story out. As said, carpets are dime a dozen people are even selling hatchies for under $100 these days.

leave who alone the guy is wanting to sell or give away this snake he didnt want it in the first place but his friend died and he got stuck with it so hes put an ad up on boostcruising saying he wants to sell it so i was askin ppls opinions on what should be done about it

as i was searching the for sale ads i came across the ad

Step 1: Realise Boostcruising is NOT a car forum, it is in fact a breeding ground for the scum of the automotive society, and the illiterate.

Step 2: Have a chuckle at the people on the website that offer a broken lawnmower, a pack of crayola crayons and possibly a barbeque if they can fit one in the boot of their mums commodore during their next break and enter, as a trade for one of the few decent cars that are FS.

Step 3: Don't bother telling anyone, the snake will probably be swapped for a rocker cover before you get a chance to inform anyone anyway.

It's more the fact that, that bloke probably dosent know or didn't know that there was laws against taking animals from the wild. I didn't when I was young.

Ha Ha

Step 1: Realise Boostcruising is NOT a car forum, it is in fact a breeding ground for the scum of the automotive society, and the illiterate.

Step 2: Have a chuckle at the people on the website that offer a broken lawnmower, a pack of crayola crayons and possibly a barbeque if they can fit one in the boot of their mums commodore during their next break and enter, as a trade for one of the few decent cars that are FS.

Step 3: Don't bother telling anyone, the snake will probably be swapped for a rocker cover before you get a chance to inform anyone anyway.
coulden't be more true. I love to hear the way people describe boost.:D A friend of mine was selling his car on there and some kid wanted to swap his push bike for it, boost cocks

Last edited:
I think why would you sell a snake on a car web site?!?!?! Oh and ask the relevant wildlife body in QLD

Because he knows nothing about the thing , which is probably why hes trying to sell it ..

Im sure most of you know that my husband passing away is how I ended up getting into the hobby , most of my collection was his. I had always had a license but had never handled a snake or even filled up the waters etc , I was scared , confused with all the conflicting information I was given ,discusted at the people who belittled me rather than helping me and still furious at him for not being here .Everything he owned was left to me and our children .... Including his collection..... I had to learn fast or as this guy is doing get rid of them . I couldnt bare the thought of selling his snakes as he loved them dearly as did my children ... I think abit of polite guidence is all this guy needs . Attacking him/her wil only end up in the snake not being cared for properly etc..

so rahhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:
Either he knows he should not have the animal without a licence and does not give a stuff, or he does not.

Polite guidence would be my first action, (posiably inform him of the local wildlife rescue service that may be able to re-home the snake).

If he knows that what he is doing is wrong, any challenge will probably send him undrground, (get ready for the lies. . . It escaped, I released it bulldust).

yeh im not even going to worry about it and yeh i know what boost is like its full of idiots im well aware of whos on it ive put ads up on there b4 and the offers i been give are just fu**** stupid,

just gotta know how to deal with people on boost, its not as bad as some make out

lol yeh just ignore them thats how, thank god they removed the commenting on ads, there alot of douche bags on there but

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back