RC addicts......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerCoastal

Reaction score
So i have been into RC years before i got into herps, have always had electric cars, 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, on road and off road. As i got older i moved up to the smaller nitro cars and for the last few years i have been running a Hobao Hyper 7 tq sport, upgraded to a Go-Extreme GX-7R last year, GV Beltcrusher Truggy, and a drift car built out of spares that i mashed together (nitro engine x electric diffs = dead). Have just started having a bit of a play with the heli's and boats, but i love my cars, even though i am getting sick of playing around with the nitro's. I have just started a second job working in my local hobby shop in the workshop, and on my first day i walked out with a secondhand 1:5 monstertruck! I was going to get a new one, but this one has a 28cc engine, where as the new ones have a 23cc as well as some other go-fast bits (tuned exhaust, 2 speed box, heavier servo's), but it does need a little bit of work. It needs new transfer gears as the adjustment was out and they have chewed teeth, and maybe a new body as the one on it is a little (lot) cracked.

Post up pics/vids of your nitro/2stroke toys and once i get mine going i'll put up some pics of that. And which do you prefer and why: Electric, Nitro, or 2 Stroke??

I got one for my birthday, i never drove it, it was to fast so i didnt want to brake it. Its petrol, goes 100k/ph and 4wd i think

lol...the more you drive them, the more you will realise that if you bring the car home in one piece, especially if your not on a track, its been a good day. I've spent more on replacement parts than i have for the car on my beltcrusher, thats my play around car, the hyper was a track car so didnt break alot on that, but when you start using bmx and moto jumps for some fun you break alot of different things

1/5th scale monster truck would be awesome any pics?I used to run nitro R/C but sadly it was stolen,but thats another story.I did have a hyper 7 & 8 running .28's.And a 1/8 on road nitro with a .28 as well,dam it was fast lol.I do love the smell of nitro in the morning.But ive gone lipo and im into rock crawling now.I dont break as much gear any more maybe im not trying hard enough tho lol.
2011-03-27102337.jpg

My old nextdoor neighbour had a nitro when I was about 9 or 10, and was driving it up and down the street... so, I asked if I could have a go... I ended up crashing it into a gutter and broke the wheel off

MatE no pics yet, have got it in pieces giving it an overhaul, fired it up and ran it around the back yard for 2 mins before the neighbours came out complaining about the noise!! But couldnt get good drive as the diff gear had been chewed but still ripped the grass up ;) Have been thinking about the rock crawlers they look like a bit of fun, and have had 3 of them bought into the shop this weekend for a few parts so there must be some good local spots to take them, or maybe they just cant drive!

Juz, have done the same thing myself, but it was my car and i was 21-22 showing off to my mates going flat out up and down the street with my first nitro and the battery in the receiver died, hit the gutter doing around 60, ripped both wheels off one side, smashed the front diff off, cracked the cooling fins on the head, and killed the steering servo......all part of the fun

I've spent thousands on RC.

First was a hyper 7
Then a savage .25 LE 3 speed
Picture098.jpg

Then I bought a revo, I spent a LOT on that, as soon as I pulled it out of the box I put a picco .26 in it, and modded the hell out of it
Picture280.jpg

That thing would pull the front end up when it hit second gear

Then I built another revo with an RB .323, not as fast as the picco, but still enough to pull the fronts up when it hit second
revotop2.jpg

Now I have a jammin X1 CRT with a BCE PJ2R titanium chassis (very rare) and a bunch of Dace MFG stuff, a few engines etc, it's for sale, comes with 2 engines, starter box, 2 pro chassis, one brand new, TONS of spares, 4 bodies, one airbrushed worth a couple hundred, 2.4ghz radio and a bunch of other stuff.
SDC10408.jpg

SDC10387.jpg

I had a blade CX2 heli, quite fun but I'll eventually go to something larger
006d5ee5.jpg

I also have an AE Tc5 that's completely carbon fiber and set up for drift running 5000 mah lipo's.
eb3dd248.jpg

Each one of my set ups above have a couple of grand in them (the Jammin and picco revo have quite a bit more), except for the Hyper 7 and the helicopter.

my first and only first place trophy was won racing nitro rc cars :) hehe only thing i can say i have accomplished. will have to get them out of the shed and dust them off :)

1/5th scale monster truck would be awesome any pics?I used to run nitro R/C but sadly it was stolen,but thats another story.I did have a hyper 7 & 8 running .28's.And a 1/8 on road nitro with a .28 as well,dam it was fast lol.I do love the smell of nitro in the morning.But ive gone lipo and im into rock crawling now.I dont break as much gear any more maybe im not trying hard enough tho lol.
2011-03-27102337.jpg

Is that a hitec 5995tg or 7995tg? Great servo's, I use them. Expensive, though lol.

iv been into RC cars the the last 20+ years , heres my latest .
its a HPI 5SC SS , running a couple of option parts . a DDM 27.2cc race port engine , DDM steel gears , JETPRO Silenced pipe , and other bits and peices i cant think of .
Iam using Hitec Digital servos , Futaba 4PK trans/reciver . i havnt even ran a full tank through it yet . witch is pretty pathetic when i do nothing for a living lol.
P5185112.jpg
P5185111.jpg
P5185107.jpg

iv been into RC cars the the last 20+ years , heres my latest .
its a HPI 5SC SS , running a couple of option parts . a DDM 27.2cc race port engine , DDM steel gears , JETPRO Silenced pipe , and other bits and peices i cant think of .
Iam using Hitec Digital servos , Futaba 4PK trans/reciver . i havnt even ran a full tank through it yet . witch is pretty pathetic when i do nothing for a living lol.
View attachment 202684View attachment 202685View attachment 202686
Daves is so cheap compared to Aussie prices, hey? I really want a 5t with a skopod 60 in it lol.

i have a HPI Baja SS 26cc with a few upgrades custom exhaust and a few other parts, i don't have any pics of mine but looks something like below
hpic1610_475.jpg
imgres
imgres

Kawasakirider you've got/had some mad as toys there, ever thought about a twin engine nitro? One of my mates used to have a custom built, full alloy, twin engined, 1:8 truggy, this thing was ballistic! 3 speed box, would flip on its lid changing into 3rd if you didnt back off a bit. Only down fall was the running costs, twice as much nitro....

Jas101 whats the 5SC go like? Does it handle much different to a buggy/truggy?

Last edited:
Losi 8 2.0 buggy and truggy. With .21 and .28 engines
Savage x with Axial .28 rr spec 2 engine
Robitronic BR-50 sc truck with a .28 engine.
Honey Bee King 3 6ch chopper that I cant fly.

I've spent thousands on RC.

First was a hyper 7
Then a savage .25 LE 3 speed
Picture098.jpg

Then I bought a revo, I spent a LOT on that, as soon as I pulled it out of the box I put a picco .26 in it, and modded the hell out of it
Picture280.jpg

That thing would pull the front end up when it hit second gear

Then I built another revo with an RB .323, not as fast as the picco, but still enough to pull the fronts up when it hit second
revotop2.jpg

Now I have a jammin X1 CRT with a BCE PJ2R titanium chassis (very rare) and a bunch of Dace MFG stuff, a few engines etc, it's for sale, comes with 2 engines, starter box, 2 pro chassis, one brand new, TONS of spares, 4 bodies, one airbrushed worth a couple hundred, 2.4ghz radio and a bunch of other stuff.
SDC10408.jpg

SDC10387.jpg

I had a blade CX2 heli, quite fun but I'll eventually go to something larger
006d5ee5.jpg

I also have an AE Tc5 that's completely carbon fiber and set up for drift running 5000 mah lipo's.
eb3dd248.jpg

Each one of my set ups above have a couple of grand in them (the Jammin and picco revo have quite a bit more), except for the Hyper 7 and the helicopter.

Is that last one an FSR Bullet? I used to run one of those but I drove it really hard in comps and used to rip apart CV's all the time. The rep got me a set of new upgraded stronger ones and said I wont break these......well let's say he was surprised...I almost won the state titles in open class with a custom car I built, turned a 1/10 formula into a 1/12 lemans car that was spastic, it used to break out into donuts at 60kmh if I hit full throttle. Anyway I was a lap ahead with a lap to go, big crash and snapped the car in half. I managed to crawl home for 3rd place. It was a classic car that in its life tore another car in half, almost broke a marshals shin and ultimately was banned from the track. Good times. I liked it when we used to practice in the local carpark and kids would come past with their dads and be like "Daddy daddy I want one of those" where he would come up and ask what something like that is worth. After being told they cost around $2500 he replies "you're not having one of those"

Daves is so cheap compared to Aussie prices, hey? I really want a 5t with a skopod 60 in it lol.

yeah i ended up buying another 2 sets of wheels from DDM because they were cheaper then buying one set from AUS.

it seems to go ok , i havnt touched the needles as its still on its first tank - as for handling i dont know the closest its seen grass or dirt is going down my footpath lol . i might get time this week to put another tank of fuel through it then see what power and what it handles like on grass/dirt.

Last edited:
I have 3 Bajas, a 5B running a stock head 26cc and a few trick bits all set up for speedway, a nutty 5B set up with a 30.5cc 2 speed, billit diff and gearbox, adjustable shocks, tuned exhaust and lots of money spent on it and the newest is a Baja 5T with a 29cc, Billit diff and gearbox and already in a thousand bits getting a full rebuild, we have 9 of these in the family and make sure we get out at least once a week.

A few random pics
IMG_0793.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1782.jpg

IMG_1771.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

Last edited:
I've raced nitro and electric onroad competitively, 1/12pan 1/10 tourer( both nitro and electric) and 1/8 nitro. Of all I enjoyed the 1/8 the best. Had a worked novarossi 21 and at moorebank was radar tested at 130km/h just after entry into turn 1 which is a full noise sweeper. Unfortunately I started full time employment with a hobby shop which somewhat killed the passion I had for RC. As for aus prices, I could get stuff os Inc shipping for less than wholesale here

Kawasakirider you've got/had some mad as toys there, ever thought about a twin engine nitro? One of my mates used to have a custom built, full alloy, twin engined, 1:8 truggy, this thing was ballistic! 3 speed box, would flip on its lid changing into 3rd if you didnt back off a bit. Only down fall was the running costs, twice as much nitro....

Nah mate, I'm more into things that are functional. Twin engine nitro's can work, but there is no point really. They can end up fighting each other if the tune on each engine isn't basically exactly the same. Btw mate, if your mates car has a 3 speed box it's not a truggy. An *uggy needs to have a centre diff :)

Stein_enclosures
The last one is a team associated tc5 with a brushless lipo setup. It's all carbon fibre and set up for drift.

The tc5 and the truggy have a few grand all up in them, I'm trying to get rid of them.

The hpi bajas don't handle like nitro's, once they're in the air they don't respond to throttle inputs properly, but they are awesome. I really want a 5T. You need to spend a fair bit on them to make them tough though.... Turtle racing clutch set up, Clutch bell mod, decent radio for a kill switch, limiting straps, and the list goes on. They are awesome though.

Last edited:
Dangles, doing it full time would kill the fun in it, i only do as many hours a week as is necessary so that i dont loose the love of it. Also being able to take the work home and do it when it suits me helps.

Kawasakirider, the tune is a big issue with the twins, but i found this one handled so sweet, the balance it had was better than anything else i have driven! I didnt think that the bajas would be as good as a nitro in the air, slower spool-up, more weight etc. was more thinking on the ground handling

Justdriftnby looks like you and your family know how to get out and have some fun! I need to get out and find some bigger spots that are more suitable for the bigger stuff. I have some good spots with big jumps for the nitro's, but there's not enough space to get the big ones wound up, and the few people i know with a "motocross" track have them running through trees, maybe some of the old quarrys here would be worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back