some of my rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WomaPythons

Reaction score
hi everyone im breeding rats for my snakes and came across some nice little 1s for pets what do u guys think of them i phone pics 248.jpgi phone pics 251.jpgi phone pics 253.jpg

Haha they're so cute. I can't bring myself to kill them at this age. They need to be younger or older. I agree the yellow colouring is interesting. Is it just the light? Selling them as pets can be more profitable than selling for food too if you've got excess

I have had a couple of rats that were yellow according to my bredli they taste great, slight hint of lemon hahaha

Be worth keeping and selective breeding with... i breed rats for my snakes aswell but also mess around with selective breeding interesting rats...currently working on rats with blazes and white head spots that i produced from a freak mutation out of my standard black and white hooded rat line lol..

How many generations does it take to get interesting stuff to show consistently?

that litter of rats was from a choc coloured hood and a little bit lighter 1 but thats what they look like no light they are really gold im keeping these for pets mess around with abit

i phone pics 250.jpgthis is the rest of the litter

They are so cute. my rats also had babies a couple of week ago, they are a little bit bigger then the ones in the photo. They are too cute at that age hey. One of my girls had 13 and the other had 6, both their first time. Good luck with your babies, they make great pets.

i had 38 from 4 first time breeders and.......cam u can have the plane 1s for food

How many generations does it take to get interesting stuff to show consistently?

After a few years of breeding a black and white hooded line, one day a blazed baby came out and been trying to produce a female with his same pattern but having no luck lol, have produced only males with great head spots/blazes etc and females with low quality smudges lol...
Last litter was awesome finally got a heap of interesting ones that had white noses/faces, a white blaze running up there black head and no black back stripe...them the mum killed the lot....

Oh damn I hate the mothers like that. I really hope I can get my setup working well enough to be able to actually selectively breed rather than just taking whatever I can get

when these goldy 1s can breed im goin to put the brightest together and see if i can get it brighter just see what happens might even put a really light brown hood with a few this is only a first gen so i got a few to work with now

these were just throwen together cause i only had 2 hoods and the rest a plane white but now i got a heap of different 1s in the other litters aswell so ill be able to have some fun with them

Just took these then to show what im messing with in my setup.. First 2 pics are of the freak blaze that poped out of my breeding line... third pic are the best 2 male blaze/head spot that i have been able to produce from him so far and last pic is best female ive got so far....currently breeding that female back to him and produced a awesome litter that she wiped out so no waiting for new litter ( over half of the litter that got wiped out had white noses blazes and zero back stripes)... would of had better results sooner but for some reason it took a while for the obvious idea of breeding the original male back to the offspring to happen...
Also cant see it in photos but there bottom jaws are completly white only the top half of skull is black..
PIC_3164.jpgPIC_3165.jpgPIC_3166.jpgPIC_3173.jpg
pencil.png

Last edited:
Looks great...nice rats everyone!

I'm a bit miffed at the moment...it would seem that one of my females must have some wild rat in her because she is thowing bubs that have the typical wild rat coloration. Looks like all offspring are going to be feeders and I'll cull her before the summer heat.

Very cute, I have never bred any that had that colour, Will be interesting to see how that line turn out. Keep us updated womapythons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back