RC addicts......

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
used to be into it years ago.. can't get over the performance per dollar people are getting these days with brushless/LIPO set ups..

I have 3 Bajas, a 5B running a stock head 26cc and a few trick bits all set up for speedway, a nutty 5B set up with a 30.5cc 2 speed, billit diff and gearbox, adjustable shocks, tuned exhaust and lots of money spent on it and the newest is a Baja 5T with a 29cc, Billit diff and gearbox and already in a thousand bits getting a full rebuild, we have 9 of these in the family and make sure we get out at least once a week.

what happened to the front right tire?

the Baja's are pretty awesome cars hey, i was stoked when i got mine how do you go with the 30cc's? i hear they are quite nuts

what happened to the front right tire?

The hub carrier snapped. It's not a genuine hpi, rovan/king motor use poorer materials and they're more prone to breaking. They are interchangeable with hpi parts and even better, rpm parts. Small modifications need to be done because the fit and finish on the clones isn't as good, but all the upgrades can be put on them.

The 5t with the broken lower arm was a HPI 5b but my nephew put a 5t conversion kit on it (the5b next to it is acuallly almost bent in half) , if you see how far/hard we push them they always come home in bits, run until they go no more is about it. It doesnt matter what amount of money you spend on them bottom line is that they are just plastic, I have started replacing parts with the RPM nylon range and that seems to be stronger. My 30.5 is beyond a joke, totally useless because the front is never on the ground but still alot of fun in the sand.

RC PLane

I have had many r/c cars over the years but my main interest is with the planes. I have been flying them for nearly 20 years now and I currently compete in an australian wide competition called imac. This stands for International miniature aircraft club. This involves flying various types of aerobatic manouvres and being judged.

The plane is a composite Extra 330 all painted in the composite moulds. It has a 3.1m wingspan which makes it about 40% of the size of the real one. It is powered by a 170cc twin cylinder two stroke engine. The electrics are all JR/Spektrum. These include 8 JR 36kg high voltage servos, a 12ch powerbox royal spektrum and various other batteries etc... All guided by a JR 12x 2.4gig radio. Total cost about 12-14k

I also have other smaller planes around the 30cc size, but this is my pride and joy!!

Attachments

• 187[1].jpg
    187[1].jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 196488_158558517535976_100001454878718_337558_4335901_n.jpg
    196488_158558517535976_100001454878718_337558_4335901_n.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 69
Albs, can see why thats your pride and joy. Just out of curiosity, how many planes have you destroyed over the years? Flight is something that i am only just starting to get into and have "flown" a Trex450, hovered and a small figure 8 3-4' off the ground with 3d flight disabled, but am not confident that i wont destroy 10-15 planes/heli's while learning to fly properly.

Albs, can see why thats your pride and joy. Just out of curiosity, how many planes have you destroyed over the years? Flight is something that i am only just starting to get into and have "flown" a Trex450, hovered and a small figure 8 3-4' off the ground with 3d flight disabled, but am not confident that i wont destroy 10-15 planes/heli's while learning to fly properly.

Haha, yep Tiger ive destroyed a few 4 ch choppers and bent my 6ch to the point were my limited skills cant fix it. Even more expensive than herps as far as interests go.

I crashed a few early days just being stupid and over confident!! I have been very lucky over the the years though. If you are using good quality gear and you dont fly beyond your capabilities then very rare to havea crash at the level I fly now. I was flying choppers for a while too, but I always go back to the big gas powered planes. The good thing with this one is I get about 10 min out of a 1.5lt tank but it is only two stroke fuel at 50-1 sp pretty cheap to run. The best thing for learning to fly choppers or anything for that matter is a good quality sim. Something like Phoinex v3 or realflight G5 are amazing and very life like. The phoinex one is availble now for about $230 with a DX5 radio.

Haha, yep Tiger ive destroyed a few 4 ch choppers and bent my 6ch to the point were my limited skills cant fix it. Even more expensive than herps as far as interests go.

Hey bigfella77 just noticed you are from maitland. I'm not sure if you have flown at the club but would you happen to know Pundi/Paul Moustrides? He is one of the guys I fly with pretty often from over there.

Last edited:
Have been looking at the sims but wasnt sure if they were worth the outlay, or if they were just a crappy video game with an expensive controler... my mrs would hate it even more if i had one of them would be able to play for hours more...lol

I'd hate to crash one of those, Albs. I'll see if I can find the video, there's a 1/2 scale or something on youtube that crashes violently. I think it's meant to be worth over 100 grand, lol.

Nah sorry Albs, I only crash in my backyard. I do get to the rc car track a bit. Maybe I should go to the rcairfield and get some tips from the pros.

Is that a hitec 5995tg or 7995tg? Great servo's, I use them. Expensive, though lol.
Yes its the 7995tg.I love the amount of torque it has, as these crawlers have some serious grip.Its great to see the amount of toys people have,but darn it gets expensive.

i'll post some pics soon but ive have a rather large collection on rc's, boats,planes,cars,buggys,helis. but my favs are the kyosho infernos i have 5 of them. and 2 savage ss. witch im not so kean on... and my brushless tamiya trf415msxx mre.

If you want to get rid of one of the savages, Timantula, let me know.

I miss mine, the only thing I could fault was the plastic diff cups (obviously they're alloy in the SS) warped WAY too easy, even with the lame S .25.

ANYONE WANNA BUY MY TRUGGY SET UP? :D

I put an Axial .28 in my Savage x, was crazy then it tore the gearbox out.

DSC00264.jpg
suby 060.jpg
suby 055.jpg
suby 008.jpg
suby 006.jpg
suby 004.jpg
heres a few of my non shelf queens

more ebay----suby mazda 012.jpg
here a moody 1/8th sprint car.... not many of these around now.

Last edited:
got a new one today, and its something that hasnt been posted in the thread yet. Dude came into the shop today and swapped it for a 1:10 Smartech Sahara and 2.4GHz Controller/Reciever....
P6100033.jpg

P6100030.jpg

P6100031.jpg

and for the people who cant judge size....
P6100037.jpg

Last edited:
I race on Road 1/10th. I am a team driver for Tokyo Optional Hobby Parts racing a Photon.
I also race a B44.1 and a 22 at St Ives in Stock 2wd and Mod 4wd. I recently brought a Dogfighter YZ10 870c (the one with the roof scoop) which I compete in vintage racing.

Attachments

• IMG_0946.jpg
    IMG_0946.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1042.jpg
    IMG_1042.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0847.jpg
    IMG_0847.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
dadaman, wish you were are bit closer would hit you up for a few hints and tips ;) Have you got any tires that you prefer for hard packed damp dirt?

Ok here's one for the racer's/modder's, i've just got my hands on a GS Racing Avenger Storm Mk2 that i am setting up for a bit of club level racing. Currently it runs a GS-B03 (.21), but i also have a GS-R25MT (.25) and a Pro-28 (.28). I can also get a Go-21 (.21) which has a heat sink around 1/3 bigger than the B03 but is a race spec engine. Which would you recommend, keeping in mind that i want to maintain the weight distribution and center of gravity of the buggy?

Here's some pics of it so far. Have changed the rear wing, runs blue-bird high speed heat-sinked servo's, triple chamber GS Racing tuned pipe, only has stock rubber on while i am tuning and playing around with it, but have a set of viper's and a set of dog bones for the track.

P6300043-1.jpg

P6300044-1.jpg

P6300046.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back