She still hasn't shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cranny

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys it's been over 3 weeks from when I got my children's python. I was told she was going to shed soon. She still hasn't shed to this day and looks very wrinkly. I stopped misting her enclosure due to the advice I got off here. But I keep her water half on the heat mat to increase humidity.
She always has fresh water...I change it daily. And I have left her alone for 3 weeks only checking on her once a day to see if she has shed.

What should I do ?
The lady at the pet store said they can take up to a month to shed in winter months and only go to the vet if you see rings like it's streching.?..
Thanks any advice will be awesome

Josh

Hey there Josh,

hopefully your python is alright and there aren't any issues,

I don't suppose you can put up a photo?

All the best,

Casey

Hey mate
I can't at the moment. But if you look up another thread started by me a week ago called "help" there is a photo there. She is only 6 moths old and the phot was taken a week ago

In the cooler months mine seem to take alot longer then the warmer months,recently a 4yr BHP took 19days to shed once his eyes went white.

Just looked at the photo in the other thread. Maybe you will need to take her to a vet. I haven't seen mine go like that before a shed. The only other thing I could ask, is there anything rough in her click clack that she can rub against to start to get her old skin off- like a small branch, hide rock etc? Do you know if there were any issues with her last shed, before you got her? Let us know how things go.

Hey guys took her to the vet today...the vet said that she was in very healthy condition and I very very very very close to shdding. Although it is coming off in parts she said she will shed. She gave her an injection on saline solution just so she is well hydrated.
If she hasn't shed by saturday I am to go back to the vet and she will help her out.
I'm so surprised when the vet gave her the injection that she didn't snap or anything lol

Thanks for your replies
I think she will be fine
I just wasn't sure she is meant to be that wrinkly.

awesome I was just about to say "vet vet vet " lol ....
But yah give her a bath and try letting her slide through a dry washer to get dry , thats how I got the tail tip off my lil one .

Hey guys took her to the vet today...the vet said that she was in very healthy condition and I very very very very close to shdding. Although it is coming off in parts she said she will shed. She gave her an injection on saline solution just so she is well hydrated.
If she hasn't shed by saturday I am to go back to the vet and she will help her out.
I'm so surprised when the vet gave her the injection that she didn't snap or anything lol

Thanks for your replies
I think she will be fine
I just wasn't sure she is meant to be that wrinkly

Interesting that you say that. Two of my 3 snakes have shed since I've owned them. The female is coming up (her eyes are starting to go milky) and her skin is so wrinkly, she looks like an old lady. I've seen her drinking, so I know she's not dehydrated.

So glad to hear you took her to the vet and got her opinion. Hope she is able to completely shed by herself very soon :)

She told me to up the temp to around 34-35. It was at 32
Yea I have always had hide rocks for her to rub against. She has had 5 sheds before I got her and the breeder said they were perfect.

can you get a pic of the snake so maybe we can have a look ourself :) dont worry it will shed when its ready

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back