Colubridae

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench

Reaction score
What Australian colubridae are there?
I know there are green tree snakes and brown tree snakes.
Are slaty grays and yellow faced wipe snakes colubridae?
Could you please provide some info on them or add a link
I have tried wikipedia but could only find intfo on grey slate roof tiles :lol:

slatys are whip snakes are elapids,
there are keelbacks and a few others but they are the most common in captivity.

slatys are whip snakes are elapids,
there are keelbacks and a few others but they are the most common in captivity.

Slatey Greys are colubrids, Whip snakes are colubrids.

BTS,
GTS
Keels,
Slatey's Brown & Grey
Macleys' Bocks have been reclassified outside of colubrids.

Thanks snakeluvver2 :)
are marsh snakes elapids or colubridae?

Elapids, all the true aquatic snakes have been reclassified, the latest field guide to australian reptiles have them in the new classification.

It's interesting to note, that colubrids are the smallest group of snakes in Australia, yet they are the largest group of snakes in the world ranging from completely harmless up to deadly.

Elapids. If your wondering if you can keep them or not the answer is yes.

Small Elapids such as Crowns, Marsh Snakes, Whip Snakes, Devis, Curls ETC ETC can be kept on the recreational license in QLD (same license as your pythons, monitors, skinks, colubrids, agamids) the restricted license only holds for Large Elapids that are potentially life threatening.
That is not to say that small elapids are not dangerous.

I recommend getting a Tree Snake, Brown Tree Snake or Slaty Grey first though.

Elapids, all the true aquatic snakes have been reclassified, the latest field guide to australian reptiles have them in the new classification.

It's interesting to note, that colubrids are the smallest group of snakes in Australia, yet they are the largest group of snakes in the world ranging from completely harmless up to deadly.

That is odd. Are the over seas Colubrids just like how Australia's Colubrids were not too long ago?
As in we can't easily classify them so we will just stick them in the massive group called Colubrids?

Elapids. If your wondering if you can keep them or not the answer is yes.

Small Elapids such as Crowns, Marsh Snakes, Whip Snakes, Devis, Curls ETC ETC can be kept on the recreational license in QLD (same license as your pythons, monitors, skinks, colubrids, agamids) the restricted license only holds for Large Elapids that are potentially life threatening.
That is not to say that small elapids are not dangerous.

I recommend getting a Tree Snake, Brown Tree Snake or Slaty Grey first though.

That is odd. Are the over seas Colubrids just like how Australia's Colubrids were not too long ago?
As in we can't easily classify them so we will just stick them in the massive group called Colubrids?

z-48.jpg

one of mine, they are so easy and great snakes to keep...... and look stunning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back