My new adopted duck!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beloved_Reptiles

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I just wanted to say a big thankyou to all of you who helped with ideas as to what foods were appropriate for my newly adopted duckling. For those of you who didn't see my post I received a duckling through a friend who had it dumped at a shop on wednesday and the shop owner was otherwise going to snap his neck. I am now the happy owner of little Henry and thought I'd share some more pics!

Attachments

• a3459177567e55000e4ab0dc6488aa9e.jpg
    a3459177567e55000e4ab0dc6488aa9e.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 140
  • 2011-05-28_09-18-46_742.jpg
    2011-05-28_09-18-46_742.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 2011-05-30_08-48-49_726.jpg
    2011-05-30_08-48-49_726.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 137
  • 2011-05-28_12-50-02_264.jpg
    2011-05-28_12-50-02_264.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 2011-05-28_12-09-15_185.jpg
    2011-05-28_12-09-15_185.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 117
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww so cute! wish they stayed like that

soooo cute!!! i loved the little duckling i had =] used to sleep on my shoulder and make a nest out of my hair. Best personalities!

Haha you're funny Jess. Well done on taking on yet another transient creature. Did you end up driving to Wollongong? :p

Haha you're funny Jess. Well done on taking on yet another transient creature. Did you end up driving to Wollongong? :p

No I cancelled Wollongong, got a few bills (rego) due shortly so I might wait a week or 2 before I pick the hatchy up. Used nearly a full tank just to pick Henry up! Lol

For those of you who didn't see my post I received a duckling through a friend who had it dumped at a shop on wednesday and the shop owner was otherwise going to snap his neck. I am now the happy owner of little Henry and thought I'd share some more pics!
i glad there other people out there that love saving animals as much as my self

what a cutie :D

used to keep a pair ages ago, crapped everywhere, and i mean EVERYWHERE...
oh and what did you end up feeding him? from the pic wasn't quite sure, looked like mince and veg?

what a cutie :D

used to keep a pair ages ago, crapped everywhere, and i mean EVERYWHERE...
oh and what did you end up feeding him? from the pic wasn't quite sure, looked like mince and veg?

Haha yes I can see there will be lots of crapping involved! In the pic he's actually eating chicken crumble, bok choy and mealworms! He also loves brussell sprouts, lettuce (as a treat) and this morning he got some hard boiled egg mashed up. I read it's good for them to have with the shell as a grit in it for them. He's my little shadow at home!
Yes I knew it was a bit odd posting this on a rep site but you all seem to like numerous animals and he's so cute I had to share.
Funnily enough when I said I would take him in the first question asked was "he won't become snake food will he?" Lol

Soooo cute!! That was really nice of you to take him in! I used to have ducks too, they were awesome! Except the drake used to rape the chickens -_-

They're pretty cute. I have 11 ducks at the moment. I have 5 that look about the same age as yours, 2 adolescent boys and 4 adults. They make pretty good pets. Mine do a great job of weeding, but they do make a bit of a mess, especially on the concrete.

These are the first ones I hatched. :D
ducklings6.jpg

very very cute ! I wont one...wished they did stay that size !
so are you going to keep him 4good..He needs a friend!!
keep us updated on him growing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back