Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons73

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well i have a DEFIANTLY male and a 4yr old (supposely) female that was sexed by K.Worley in 08.The male was placed with other and after some time started biting her.The (suppose) female was lifting tail for the male,as ive never bred BHP before,does this sound like typical male BHP behaviuor at breeding time,or does it sound like another male,any opionions muchly appreciated...

I havent had any combat between males over the years or the males biting a female.The bhps are probably like antaresias where some fight and some dont with some males also biting the females body if shes been in the presence of another male.Hope things work out for you P73.

just had the same thing happen 5 minutes ago , with some water pythons

My females both wag their tales like dogs more than lift. i put my 2 males together with one of my girls on the weekend to spark some interest( which it did they both mated their girls minutes after being separated)
They both did a lot of tail lifting and twisting and trying to climb higher than the other to appear bigger but funnily enough no biting.lots of nudging each other around mid body though. was very uneventful really. the girl went nuts though and got very excited having 2 suitors in her cage .

Thanx for the replys,she was sexed by a reliable person.The tails are different,the males is shorter and tapers down quiet suddently,the other is longer and gradually tapers down,the spurs on the male are a few mms larger then the other.As i havent bred BHP before i just thought the behaviour was strange.By the way the male is Satans son,ALOT of hissing-headbutting,he needs a restrained to control him at the best of times.The poor female is a gentle girl and she only wants to hide her head.But she was lifting her tail.Be on the safe side i will get her probed,again..Cheers everyone..

quick question , do you need to somehow treat a bite on a python from another python ???
Theres no wound,only a few scratches from the teeth...

Be a bit careful with BHPs and Womas when breeding
Their diet in the wild is mainly other reptiles
I never attempted to breed them unless both had been very well few only a few days prior to introducing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back