Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
not yet, although the 'threat' is constantly hanging in the air, lol,...(id take him a bit more seriously if he wasnt constantly curled up with a lizard on him)

my brother did say to me a long time ago,..(when i had just 4 beardies and 1 python) that if i was a chick he'd picked up and gone home with that he would politely wait till id left the room then run out the door as fast as he could never to return,...

thats when i made the decision never to date my brother, hahahahaha

I love (all) snakes, frogs, lizards and spiders.

Hubby likes to watch the snakes and has agreed to have any type of pet I would like except my much loved spiders. Apart from me liking to handle snakes and his liking to watch snakes (and our four children) we have nothing else in common at all, opposites attract.

I moved from "city area" to a "country area" and I couldn't believe it in the city area the children's school would call people in to relocate any snakes found within the schools, out here in the country area they send the kids running to the classrooms and get the big scary male teacher to go and chop the snakes head off with a shovel. I am praying on of my snakes never get out around here.

I hate drop in out of the blue visitors, if I had of known years ago how well snakes worked as a deterrent to this horrid action I would of had snakes all my life hehe.

I wish everyone good luck at finding someone to tolerate your passion/hobby.

Rissa

She hates it when I lick her face LMAO!

OMG- i thought my hubby was the only 1 that did that! and you too saximus!

I am very lucky with my husband. he was one of those "tough" guys that had no time for anything that wasnt a dog. so 6 years ago i bought home a cockatiel, he fell in love with it, then i brought home a cat (dont want a cat, they are useless- 2 weeks later, after id been in qld for a week, i came home and was told that a certain spot on the bed was the cats and id have to move my feet) then when i brought the snake home was very very cranky with me, 3 weeks later and hes getting the snake out more than me! and asking what one we are getting next!!

has snakes made you single?

No but my husband don't like them, nor does my 18yr old daughter, and I do notice we don't get too many visitors which I don't mind about anyway. My snakes just got shafted from the loungeroom so scared visitors don't have to see them. I have a little room especially for them now which isn't too bad.

My other half doesn't mind my pythons she was even the one that told me to get my first, then allowed the pair. She did say no more when I got to twenty then again at thirty but then I started collecting different Antaresia. Now she just puts up with the new ones.

She has banned anything herp related with legs though, says that anything that can jump on her or climb on her creeps her out.

Do have to start reducing numbers a little bit though especially last seasons hatchies but I just get attached to them.

Cheers Octane

Last edited:
I know a woman who puts domestos on green tree frogs, and she gets TONS of them at her place. She can't stand frogs...

thats is the most disgusting thing i have ever heard... people like that should be shot. If she lives in Brissy i will be a free frog catcher!

people that don't like snakes or single out animals are small minded people...i dont have time for them anyway......all animals are great in there own way....

My GF hates them. I think my dreams of expanding my elapid collection has been destroyed with her :p Luckily i like her and am happy to comprimise.

I think I just have horrible luck when it comes to girls.. and I can't imagine having snakes would help the matter. Although everyone seems to like my geckos :lol:

Being single it is a big no go area with most of the females that I have dated over the past year.

Now I tell then that I am into Native Animals and leave it at that, (let them assume that I rescue cute furry baby mamals).

There is a single herpers group on hear. It has not done me any good, but then I look like Bigfella77’s (head that will scare a starving dog out of a butchers shop) ugly brother.

I'm lucky :)

My missus used to be scared of snakes, but now she has a favorite and she's pretty much claimed Hugo as her own lol.

The only thing she will not tolerate is frogs, but they are easily something I could live without :)

Yes frogs are the spawn of Satan.

I had a chat to a guy at a pet shop a few years ago about snakes and he said he knows someone who breeds them and earns ALOT of money each year from it was his only job... his wife one day turned around and said "its me or the snakes" Guess which he chose ;)

If anyone was to ever make me choose, I would def choose my babies

Smart man! He has his priorities right. Someone needs to bring back the single herpers thread, that was a great thread lol
I had a chat to a guy at a pet shop a few years ago about snakes and he said he knows someone who breeds them and earns ALOT of money each year from it was his only job... his wife one day turned around and said "its me or the snakes" Guess which he chose ;)

If anyone was to ever make me choose, I would def choose my babies

mines absolutely fine with it as long as i buy her two diamonds, one for her finger and one for a pet lol and just to boast a bit more, its taken only 7 months of pestering and i have her blessing to get a saltwater croc as long as i exchange it once it hits three foot, few more months and full grown saltie here i come..... yippeeee :) and some advice, start out cute and small, dont go pulling out your biggest snake as its a sure fire way to make em run, remember its not the size of your snake it's the way you use it LMFAO lol :)

lol. my missus asked if I could get one, I was the one that said no cos we live in a town house and a croc is not an animal you can sit on your shoulder or lap while you watch tv lol.

She's been bugging me to get a spencers monitor after we saw one at my mates place that was dog tame. So now I'm just waiting till we move out and one becomes available :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back