what have you told telemarketers?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defective

~ Yoda (2008-2020), you loved me more than life!!
Reaction score
i understand that people work in call centers but i'm talking telemarketers that ring from interstate or overseas on a reverse charge.

one lady rang wanting to talk to mum but because she's not home she was going to ring back and i told her she was overseas.

a guy calling from India was trying to sell me computer repairs so i told him i was Amish

and another Indian fellow was preaching Hinduism to me so i started at genesis

Sell them Amway is a good one
or
Ill just put you on hold for a moment
Dont go away
Then put phone beside stereo and Metallica full volume

We get a lot of calls like this at work, generally from people wanting us to change phone providers or something. I generally just tell them politely I'm not interested, or I don't care, and hang up before they can respond. It works on most people, they're just doing the job they have to do and don't want to talk to someone who is a waste of time.

But if they call back and bother me again I start saying stupid things like "Oh, no, we don't actually use phones in the workplace, it's against our safety policy." Or I start asking them creepy personal questions and telling them long and pointless stories.

they can ring on a reverse charge?

i got my fone disconnected cos of telemarketers, i dont say anything to them now! :p

i had 5 calls in one night o my mobile all from the same number so when it got to 11pm i screamed obscenities down the phone...they rang at 5am

I tell them they are breaking up, I can't hear them, and explaining to them that I am going through a tunnel when they have called on a land line, pause and then wait for there response, funny to listen too.

Last edited by a moderator:
ohh, they talk at 100miles an hour.

a friend of mine read the entire Articles of war (salvo soldiership thing) to a telemarketer before hanging up.

Part of their job would be to build rapport.... so i help with that :D I ask them where they are from... the standard response is Melbourne or Sydney. I go on about the weather... the view out of their office... what the traffic is like... fun things to do there... favourite footy teams... etc etc etc... I go on and on until they hang up. Works like a treat and no repeat calls!

Yeah when you're in a good mood it's fun to play with them. When you're not it's just frustrating.
I do understand they are just doing their job but it's just unfortunate that their chosen "profession" is so freakin annoying

No thanks,not interested,followed by hanging up the phone works really well for me.

I don't get telemarketers as I have a silent, unlisted number. But occasionally I get door to door salesmen. I remember one who was trying to sell home security products and services. I told him I wasn't interested, but if he wanted to return at 6pm, the owners would be!

Also helps to have a giant python wrapped around your shoulders when they come knocking. One time I was in the driveway, and a guy crossed to the other side of the street, missing a few houses before crossing back.

lol its funny because both mum and i have the same last name so when they ask for a ms.[insert name here] they want mum but i take the call.

and the amount of mobile phones we've won is amazing...although i don't seem to have one and that was a couple of years ago.

Khagan said:
Wow, just wow. I bet the Indian telemarketers would know how to spell "Turban" "Learn" "Speak" and "Repeat". They would probably also use the correct "Their", and know that Aussie isn't a language it's English.

i also think they'd know how to spell "Sick" as well. *Facepalm*

Last edited:
I tell them this house is not mine, i am just robbing it.

With your username, I'm not sure if you're joking to them.

When they ask for someone, even if it's me I just say "yeah I'll just get them" and put the phone down to see how long they stay on the line.

What is this aps spelling police thread or telemarcketing thread lol

Sorry but you set yourself up for it, trying to be smart or racist i'm not sure which, telling other people to learn a language when you can't use it correctly yourself.

i let my phone loving 3 year old tell them all about how she can draw the alphabet and rainbows etc .... Also helps when I make a phone call she doesnt even ask to say hello anymore as she gets to use the phone most days with the telemarketers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back