Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
but they're not slimy and cold. they're only wet because your hands have to be wet when handling them.

Ha i remember when i had my partner on the mainland, mentioned i had reptiles, he didnt like them but said he would have alook, Took him inside, diamonds, coastals, that was ok,... BHP's; started to get alittle anxious.. then my eastern brown decided "hey lets freak this guy out by striking at the glass" - me: *****! umm, yeah he is a...... olive? python? guy: $#%# #$$ #%$# *sees other elapids on way out* - never saw him again lol..

Now here in tas the same thing happened, but with tiger and copperhead snakes lol, he didn't believe that i kept these animals, apparently it wasn't 'proper' for a woman.. So he got introduced to my big tiger Talon :p.. lmao! priceless! Who needs a man when you have these beauties! ;) Especially when they think women cant handle/keep elapids!

but they're not slimy and cold. they're only wet because your hands have to be wet when handling them.

Well, they're definitely not dry and warm lol.

my Gf loves all the Snakes ...got my 1st one with her..now with lots and lots in the house plus hatchies she thinks its great..coming home to are own little reptile park..
I am a animal lover to the max..never meet anyone who likes them 1/4 as much as me..but my GF would be the next person in line that loves everything i do ..from Snake to carnivorous plants and still is a very very very girly girl...loves all her pink girl stuff, fashion,brands,clubbing hair make-up etc but I will come home or wake up and she has always got the big darwin boy out watching tv in bed or on the lounge ...couple of her friends like them and will hold them ..the others run out the room.
ment to be making a quick point but haha hope get what I mean .

Ha i remember when i had my partner on the mainland, mentioned i had reptiles, he didnt like them but said he would have alook, Took him inside, diamonds, coastals, that was ok,... BHP's; started to get alittle anxious.. then my eastern brown decided "hey lets freak this guy out by striking at the glass" - me: *****! umm, yeah he is a...... olive? python? guy: $#%# #$$ #%$# *sees other elapids on way out* - never saw him again lol..

Now here in tas the same thing happened, but with tiger and copperhead snakes lol, he didn't believe that i kept these animals, apparently it wasn't 'proper' for a woman.. So he got introduced to my big tiger Talon :p.. lmao! priceless! Who needs a man when you have these beauties! ;) Especially when they think women cant handle/keep elapids!

wow a girl with tigers,i reckon tigers are the best pets and the most variable coloured species,and good feeders

Lol I tell them to get out of my house if they can't deal with snakes. That's the least weirdest thing about me.. Luckily enough I'm not single :D

I'm single at the moment, some guys I know are scared of snakes, and the ones that aren't have partners. Dammit.

I'm single at the moment, some guys I know are scared of snakes, and the ones that aren't have partners. Dammit.

mos of the guys i know are scared but just wont admit it because they have to be 'tough' they say they just dont like them =/

I did know a girl who loves animals as much as I do, but I think that's where the common interests ended.
There must be plenty of single animal-loving peoples around, it's just finding each other that's hard.

I think I'm in the same boat as bigfella77, except instead of "got a head that will scare a starving dog out of a butchers shop" I'm more... "the size of a barn, doesn't like social events, and turns almost mute when meeting new people" :lol:

The only complaints I get is when the electricity bill arrives, it will cost more since we have moved.
cheers

Hehehe, ditto here!

Fortunately, my hubby is as tolerant of my interests/hobbies as I am of his - he will pat my critters occasionally, he's interested if/when they breed, but, like you, as soon as the electricity bill comes in, I'm a bad pain in the b_tt! :)

Oh, and for what it's worth, we've been married now for just over 25 years, so we must be doing something right! :)

Best,
Carolyn

I am actually really interested in elapids and want to eventually have them. But then again I am told by Men I am sooo out of the normal "female"pigeon hole that the normal rules fly out the window where I am concerned LOL(I think they have meant it as a compliment LOL)

Ah Crystal, you need to follow my example... "I'm normal, it's just the rest of the world that's different!"...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have snakes, the first person I knew who had a pet snake was a girl, and I know at least seven other girls who have snakes, too - about half of us are moving towards keeping elapids at some point. We're common as muck in Melbourne; you should move down here.;)

By contrast I know one snake-owning guy (not counting the cool guys down at the reptile shop I get Whatsit's platys from). And I've only just got frogs because my ex-boyfriend had an absolute horror of them; he didn't like snakes, either, but I'd had Fabs for a fair few years before he came on the scene, and I think he was smart enough to know what his chances were if he said anything bad about my little guy. Snake-loving guys are in the minority in my world.

Last edited:
I did know a girl who loves animals as much as I do, but I think that's where the common interests ended.
There must be plenty of single animal-loving peoples around, it's just finding each other that's hard.

I think I'm in the same boat as bigfella77, except instead of "got a head that will scare a starving dog out of a butchers shop" I'm more... "the size of a barn, doesn't like social events, and turns almost mute when meeting new people" :lol:

O___O I want the snake in your avatar! please and thankyou!

The selling point for my current boyfriend is the fact he loves snakes. He was game enough to handle my big bredli boy first up and he was sold in my eyes :lol: I eventually want elapids, which he thinks I'm crazy, but can't really talk as he has an obsession with pyrotechnics, so I can't talk about his dangerous hobby either :lol:

Haaa haa reptiles have had the reverse lately *pounces on poor joemal* they have (this time)bought some-one special into my life
rather than be a cause of conflict...
I do feel people are becoming more accepting of our herp interest now :)

It might as well have, and I'm glad. No point being stuck in a relationship where you can't be yourself. Lucky to have found the right girl I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back