Het for albino Bredli

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's mine. I posted the ad. I have only replied to one person asking about her so all the bandwagon jumpers who state I have sent misleading text are full of it. My bredli is a het from double het pairing and is a true hypo and het for albino. I used gumtree as it's free and I wasn't keen for paying for advertising on this site due to all the backlash and trolls who like to sling poop at everyone. I guess nothing changes. I have been absent from this site for a few years due to the flamers and trolls and this thread doesn't behoove me to be more active. The pics are collected as I have no camera at present but found pics identical to my snake.
I don't care about what you say about me, obviously y'all know so much more about it that you feel comfortable in slagging me as a fake, a scammer and a guy to boot.
Haters can go to a warm place without aircon for all I care.
In fact I'm removing the ad, my snake is far to special to be sold to anyone, especially someone who would slag me out on a public forum without any facts or viewing, or direct conversation other than text.
This thread mearly reminds me why I left in the first place.
See ya.

since it's from two het parents, did you get any albino bredli in that clutch ?

Wow, after that kind of ad I'm surprised someone would own up to it.

Unless I'm totally mistaken and there are albino bredli out there that are going cheap, just everyone's cameras are broken ;)

It's mine. I posted the ad. I have only replied to one person asking about her so all the bandwagon jumpers who state I have sent misleading text are full of it. My bredli is a het from double het pairing and is a true hypo and het for albino. I used gumtree as it's free and I wasn't keen for paying for advertising on this site due to all the backlash and trolls who like to sling poop at everyone. I guess nothing changes. I have been absent from this site for a few years due to the flamers and trolls and this thread doesn't behoove me to be more active. The pics are collected as I have no camera at present but found pics identical to my snake.
I don't care about what you say about me, obviously y'all know so much more about it that you feel comfortable in slagging me as a fake, a scammer and a guy to boot.
In fact I'm removing the ad, my snake is far to special to be sold to anyone, especially someone who would slag me out on a public forum without any facts or viewing, or direct conversation other than text.
See ya.

you must understand the why people are skeptical, we have all never seen a albino bredli, can you show us the siblings?

I'd put money on it being the same tool who advertised both Albino Bredli Hets for 10k & Albino Blue Tongues for $50 on RDU over the course of the last year. He emailed me some pics he'd pulled from a Google search & then threatened myself & Kupper when we flamed him on this forum. The adverts are always Brisbane based & have a real idiot tone to them..... the unfortunate thing is that he is persistent & somebody will one day fall for it.
You never say nice things about me!!! LOL solar 17 (Baden)

...My bredli is a het from double het pairing and is a true hypo and het for albino.
How can you tell that this animal is a het? even from a double het pairing of a recessive trait you will have normal looking pythons.
For example (taking hypo as a recessive trait) in a clutch of 16, on average there will be as follows
1 Normal (Normal Looking)
2 Het for Albino (Normal Looking)
2 Het for Hypo (Normals Looking)
1 Albino
1 Hypo
2 Albino Het for Hypo
2 Hypo Het for Albino
4 Double Hets (Normal Looking)
1 Hypo Albino
Meaning you will have 9 out of 16 eggs on average that look normal.
That said, brings me to the next issue.
Have you been able to prove that hypo bredli is in fact a dominant/co-dominant or recessive trait?
As far as I am aware it isn't, but more of a polygenic trait.

... The pics are collected as I have no camera at present but found pics identical to my snake.
This is still a miss representation of your animal, if you were in fact trying to sell this animal, you would find a way to get your own pictures.
Surely you can see why people were coming to the assumption that it could be a possible scam.
Not your image, conflicting information etc

If it is carrying a gene for albinism then it is more than likely a hybrid as if there is a pure albino bredli around then it is the best kept secret in the hobby.

How can you tell that this animal is a het? even from a double het pairing of a recessive trait you will have normal looking pythons.
For example (taking hypo as a recessive trait) in a clutch of 16, on average there will be as follows
1 Normal (Normal Looking)
2 Het for Albino (Normal Looking)
2 Het for Hypo (Normals Looking)
1 Albino
1 Hypo
2 Albino Het for Hypo
2 Hypo Het for Albino
4 Double Hets (Normal Looking)
1 Hypo Albino
Meaning you will have 9 out of 16 eggs on average that look normal.
That said, brings me to the next issue.
Have you been able to prove that hypo bredli is in fact a dominant/co-dominant or recessive trait?
As far as I am aware it isn't, but more of a polygenic trait.

This is still a miss representation of your animal, if you were in fact trying to sell this animal, you would find a way to get your own pictures.
Surely you can see why people were coming to the assumption that it could be a possible scam.
Not your image, conflicting information etc

wow i was lost at the whole 66% het thing now i have a headache LMAO

Was wondering how you would tell the difference between the hets and the normals in a clutch of eggs from het to het breeding?

I do understand. I am only repeating the spIel I got when buying it on good faith that it is het. Nevertheless it is undoubtably a hypo with no black whatsoever and that alone makes it special. I upgraded my phone today with camera built in so wont have the same prob again with pics.
I know there are scam artists out there but I am not one of them. Those from the old days will remember who I am and that I had been very active in the herp community for almost ten years. Do I have proof of the het? No. Only took on faith what I was told when I got her. Do I have pics of her clutchmates? No.
I do understand the skepticism but many are so quick to pass judgement without fact that it leaves a bad taste. My motto, if you don't want it, you can't have any.

So if they all look the same how are u ment to know which one is which?

So if they all look the same how are u ment to know which one is which?

braids...you don't, out of a het to het mating you will get (APPROX.) 33% albinos 33% hets & 33% normals now anything that is not showing albinism is called a "possible het" and anything that is not said roughly in those words to put it plainly is flexing the truth and to repeat what has been said a (100% het) is albino mated to a normal snake....Baden

So if there' a chance to breed albinos from this animal, then you have several for sale? Otherwise, no 66% chance to breed albinos :)

And why sell on such a valuable animal for so little before you have even proved it out, after taking all the time to grow it up slowly and carefully?

I got when buying it on good faith that it is het...Do I have proof of the het? No. Only took on faith what I was told when I got her. Do I have pics of her clutchmates? No.

Well then, I hope you were clever enough not to pay too much for it ;)

If you plan on advertising it still, to avoid (justified) criticism I would sell it as what it is, not what you were told it is whilst knowing how unlikely it is to be true.

If you have been in the hobby for 10+ years as you say, surely you can understand all of this. A het for albino Bredli? Such an animal for sale at such a price? AND with zero proof to confirm it is anything other than a Bredli? Come on. I'd bet my bottom dollar it is nothing but a Bredli, and if you have the experience you say you do, or are as honest as you claim, I'm sure you'd share that opinion.

Last edited:
I wish it was true and i wish there was tons of different albino species at affordable prices on the market but if wishes were horses, id have a heap of horses....oh wait i do have a heap of horses and thats why i cant afford all these herps ive been drooling over :) lol ( I currently have a horse on the market and cant stop fantasizing about what im going to buy when it sells!!)

I do understand. I am only repeating the spIel I got when buying it on good faith that it is het. Nevertheless it is undoubtably a hypo with no black whatsoever and that alone makes it special. I upgraded my phone today with camera built in so wont have the same prob again with pics.
I know there are scam artists out there but I am not one of them. Those from the old days will remember who I am and that I had been very active in the herp community for almost ten years. Do I have proof of the het? No. Only took on faith what I was told when I got her. Do I have pics of her clutchmates? No.
I do understand the skepticism but many are so quick to pass judgement without fact that it leaves a bad taste. My motto, if you don't want it, you can't have any.

buying a new Albino line without pictures of the founding animal ????? seriously crazy & then trying to sell the animal & being offended when people ask for proof ??? hhhmmmmmm you do the maths.

See ya.

possible het, pure bredli...i dont think so.. if someone had this line they would have more than one snake and wouldnt be selling any till the line was proven. lets face it, one het or possible het is useless without a proven het or albino to mate with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back