Members Location

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inthegrass

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I find it very annoying that members of APS do not put their real location in their profile.
I for one do not bother making contact with members that do not say what area/state they live.It should be manditory to say what area and state you live in.
I am not saying you should give exact details of where you live but ie. near Emerald Qld or Blue Mountains Nsw would would save a lot of questions like what is your location?, when enquiring about a purchase.
JMO,
Cheers

Yeah i also find that annoying at times... some people are just to paranoid that your going to track them down and rob them just because you know the state and town there in lol..

Why do you have to live near someone to talk to them on the Internet? Most of the coolest people I chat to on here live in completely different states to me

Don't almost all people put a location if they make a for sale thread?

Why do you have to live near someone to talk to them on the Internet? Most of the coolest people I chat to on here live in completely different states to me

spank!
i am sexy

why should it be anyone's business ? People making sales or purchases can exchanged finer details privately. Just my opinion

Privacy is a very valuable thing, some people don't seem to understand that. I can't believe how much some post about themselves on public forums, it can be very dangerous for a number of reasons.

Some people might have very good reasons for keeping their location to themselves that are in no way related to reptile keeping. Other members should respect that.

If that's all you've got to worry about I guess you're not going too badly.

Administration do have information about approximate location. This information is completely private and in history of aps website this information was newer released to anybody. if some people like to state more details in they profile, They are welcome, but this is totally up to them to do so.

Nobody here have right to demand this information. All members have right to retain their privacy.

I can't believe how much some post about themselves on public forums, it can be very dangerous for a number of reasons.
You're right it may be dangerous I suppose but the anonymity is the reason some people share so much. If nobody here knows your identity then you can talk about things you couldn't tell friends or family

Where I live is none of your business.

Where do you live? Whats your sexual preference? Do you have kids? Whats your alarm code? What colours your underwear? Are you married? What did you have for breakfast? Have you ever been constipated? Were you born out of wed lock? Are you often home alone at night? Where do you work?

:lol:

I find it really annoying that you need to know everything about someone on the internet.
I also find mislabeling fruits as vegetables and eating pasta in a hot air ballon on a hot day annoying, but I don't make a silly thread about it.

I have no idea where Emerald is,....so without looking it up I'd have to ask you where that was?

The privacy act is actually a very tight piece of legislation and for good reasons. If the APS owners were to release information about members in the absence of a warrant they could be hit with criminal charges.

I suppose ignorance is bliss but if more people knew the things I do they would be a lot more carful about protecting their privacy. There are a few members on here who have left themselves wide open to all kinds of potential attacks, sad but true.

ok fine! i will tell you if it is so damn important!
i live in the darkest depths of your mind, i am the thing that goes bump in the night, the fly in your soup, the pebble in your shoe. i am here or there or any where i please!

is that enough info?

I never said anything about living near someone to talk to them on the internet. Maybe I should have been more specific and added threads like, can you Id this. If it was stated what state and area they were in it would help heaps. As for, for sale threads they may say Qld or WA. but these are huge areas a more specific location would help.
once again
JMO

ok fine! i will tell you if it is so damn important!
i live in the darkest depths of your mind, i am the thing that goes bump in the night, the fly in your soup, the pebble in your shoe. i am here or there or any where i please!

is that enough info?

Haha nice. I've heard that somewhere before...

Once I've waded through the tyre kickers and I know you're serious about buying from me then I'll let you know where I live.

Did not ask for any of that info, if you read my thread and thought about it maybe you would have understood what I was saying.
cheers

Where I live is none of your business.

Where do you live? Whats your sexual preference? Do you have kids? Whats your alarm code? What colours your underwear? Are you married? What did you have for breakfast? Have you ever been constipated? Were you born out of wed lock? Are you often home alone at night? Where do you work?

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back