Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like these threads. Lets you see if your imagined picture of people is anything like the real thing

Haha not what I imagined at all mate! How much Scuba do you do? Do you freedive as well? I love Scuba diving. Check out this video I took last week down in Victoria. Spider Crabs come into the bay once a year to moult. I was lucky enough to hear about it and go for a quick morning dive. They are seen in much larger numbers than this, I didn't get a chance to check them out til the Saturday, by which stage most had moved off.

[video=youtube;mcgUKVOc4iQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcgUKVOc4iQ[/video]

Unfortunately the music has been taken off, as per usual.

167543_10150407220615381_892620380_17172472_1878486_n.jpg

181981_10150407200735381_892620380_17172233_908451_n.jpg

our dog
180647_10150407207585381_892620380_17172357_4361882_n.jpg

i think there are to many ppl on this site that smoke and drink lol....

Turns out I have one ok photo of me.

I miss that snake though

Attachments

• DSC04375.jpg
    DSC04375.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 767
How much Scuba do you do?
Not enough. I wish I lived closer to the water so I could do it much more often but I have to just be content with a yearly trip to Cairns and the Reef. That video is pretty awesome. How cold is the water down there at the moment?

Hey Ash I like the fluro pink lipstick. Very vibrant :p

Not enough. I wish I lived closer to the water so I could do it much more often but I have to just be content with a yearly trip to Cairns and the Reef. That video is pretty awesome. How cold is the water down there at the moment?

Water is 13 degrees at the moment, getting pretty chilly. Gets down to about 9-10 in the middle of winter. I freedive a lot as well, mainly on the back beaches rather than in the bay. In Summer the bay is much warmer than back, in winter the back becomes warmer than the bay.

My girlfriend says I need to dive at least once every couple of weeks or I get PDT (Pre-Dive Tension) and get cranky. Works well for me :)

Dude I'm a pansy. I dived in 16 degrees in Sydney and only lasted one dive of about half an hour. I'd give it a go if the bloody dreads fitted into a hood and I owned a dry suit but otherwise it's tropical waters all the way :p.
I'm incredibly jealous you get to do it every couple of weeks though

I do get cranky. Being underwater is like a completely different world. All you can hear is fish munging on weed and coral, rocks moving around and your own breathing. I remember writing a year 10 creative writing piece for English after I got back from Borneo on SCUBA diving. Close to the best thing I have ever written in my opinion. It's just so different. If I'm ever up your way I'll have to give you a hoy and we can organise a good days diving. I don't get to dive in warm water too much. Did a bit in New Zealand a couple of years ago, some in Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia over the past 5 years but nowhere enough :(

first is a normal pic a few months old and the other one is from a vampire party held towards the end of last year.
New Image.PNG
photo.PNG

I do get cranky. Being underwater is like a completely different world. All you can hear is fish munging on weed and coral, rocks moving around and your own breathing. I remember writing a year 10 creative writing piece for English after I got back from Borneo on SCUBA diving. Close to the best thing I have ever written in my opinion. It's just so different. If I'm ever up your way I'll have to give you a hoy and we can organise a good days diving. I don't get to dive in warm water too much. Did a bit in New Zealand a couple of years ago, some in Vietnam, Malaysia and Indonesia over the past 5 years but nowhere enough :(
I wish I could like that more than once. You're a lucky man just to have had the experiences you have.

Anyway we have probably hijacked the thread too much already so back to the photos people! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back