AaE Response to Member concerns and questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
geez $34 :shock: and I got slugged $75 x two to Brisbane and $75 x one to Melbourne about two weeks ago ($225 for three boxes all under a kilo) its getting worse and worse.. maybe they charged me extra to subsidise your freight dicky :lol:

geez $34 :shock: and I got slugged $75 x two to Brisbane and $75 x one to Melbourne about two weeks ago ($225 for three boxes all under a kilo) its getting worse and worse.. maybe they charged me extra to subsidise your freight dicky :lol:

I don't mind one bit ;) thanks mate haha - Colin
No idea why that was the price , but I do know it was the same bloke who charge me that price on the few times it happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing uniform at ALL about what and how they charge, when you ring up and book it in they quote on the size and weights given at the time of the book in and when you turn up to send the package they charge quite a bit MORE than the original quote!!!! (nearly double in some cases)
There is something very wrong in their system!!!

Last edited:
No different than other BIG companies. There always is this lack of communication.
They are owned by Australia Post and they can get their charges right.

col, sounds like you are almost better off taking a holiday and take them as carry on.

col, sounds like you are almost better off taking a holiday and take them as carry on.

true.. especially when you can travel on those cheap airfares.. It might be cheaper to fly yourself than a hatchie..

Getting to the point where it might not be worth the trouble and costs to freight , especially with the lower prices of some reptiles..

Permits $30.00
Freight up to $75.00
Packing boxes $10-$20.00
Fuel $20.00
3 hour round trip ( for me any way )

Getting to the point where it might not be worth the trouble and costs to freight , especially with the lower prices of some reptiles..

Permits $30.00
Freight up to $75.00
Packing boxes $10-$20.00
Fuel $20.00

Add another $24 worth of tolls to that for Sydneysider's

Add another $24 worth of tolls to that for Sydneysider's

You need an account at AAE like the collectives and commercial sellers in NSW,dont pay to be too small.

Permits $30.00
Freight up to $75.00
Packing boxes $10-$20.00
Fuel $20.00

At last! Some advantages in living in a provincial town in Qld.

Permits $00.00
Freight up to $15.00 (paying on account)
Packing boxes $10-$14
Fuel $3.00
Tolls $0.00
20 minutes round trip

I should be laughing.

Last edited:
I resent to AAE
Hi Michael.
That price seems excessive and I’ve asked a few friends who freight a bit and they say that $121 price (Sydney to Darwin) includes insurance. I don’t usually pay insurance when I freight reptiles and apparently my friends tell me the correct price (no insurance) is $75
Can you look at this again please? Thanks.
Regards
Colin

this is what I received back

Hi Colin, The dimensions you have provided me with it works out to an estimated price of $121. I hope this is of some help to you.
Regards,
Mick

Which has to be excesive in my opinion for a small box weighing less than a kilo roughly 30cm x 20cm x 20cm

Mick just phoned me about it and has been helpful. Apparently there's two charge rates they use, either the cubic dimensions or by weight - whatever costs the most is what we get charged. So if I drop the size down to 20 cm x 15cm x 15cm and its under a kilo the price Sydney to Darwin is now $65. I didn't know it was so expensive to freight a few cm's of plastic and shredded paper from Sydney to Darwin :lol:

I was also informed that the two boxes I freighted to Brisbane recently should have been taken as one cubic dimension (two box sizes together) and from the dimensions I gave should have cost me $82 in total to go to Brisbane for both boxes and not the $150 I was charged at Sydney AAE for two seperate cubic boxes! thats a difference of $68 for exactly the same freight :shock:

Food for thought, and something I feel we need to get the AAE representative on here to look into and get us some cubic tables Vs weight tables so we can reduce our freight charges. She's away for 10 days but says she will contact me when she's back and I would very much like to discuss these issues.

While you're all enjoying the great service of offices around Australia, perhaps its the cold wheather but, the attitude of several people in the Melbourne office is poor at best. They're slow and extremley rude. I think I've had pleasent encounters from one staff member who I always try to 'get', the rest are terrible.

I've also had packages 'thrown' (for lack of a better word) up onto the counter with force that would have to have had animals worth more than the staff members would make in a month, just becasue they're having a **** day (which is seems to be always) they shouldn't treat a package with live animals in it, regardless of the value, like that.

Again, some staff in Melbourne and Sydeny have tried to refuse sending my animals stating the packaing was incorrect, yet I've sent pacakges the same way for years and not had problems. Some consistency would be wonderful.

I was at AAE yesterday to pick up some critters and have had a few trips there lately.
I can honestly say I have not yet come across any one rude at Sydney Airport. They have all been very lovely and helpful.

I was at AAE yesterday to pick up some critters and have had a few trips there lately.
I can honestly say I have not yet come across any one rude at Sydney Airport. They have all been very lovely and helpful.

Neither have I, the only problem I've had at Sydney was the packaging. They're much nicer in Sydney than Melbourne.

Had to laugh at the last guy that served me at AAE, he was still in shock because the day before someone had come in to pick up a reptile parcel & when he casually enquired what was inside the box he was told it was an adult tiger snake:lol: Poor bugger was genuinely horrifed & told me he nearly dropped the box & crapped himself. Apparently the box had no warning labels about the danger inside:shock:

Was supposed to be getting some monitors today the seller turned up to AaE in Brisbane and they told him they were not sending any animals in the foreseeable future.
Does anyone know about this in more detail?

Was supposed to be getting some monitors today the seller turned up to AaE in Brisbane and they told him they were not sending any animals in the foreseeable future.

We sent some pythons from AAE Brisbane last Saturday, so if things have changed, it was quick :?

We sent some pythons from AAE Brisbane last Saturday, so if things have changed, it was quick :?

It was mentioned that it had happened within the week but I got the feeling more of the early end of the week.
Even if they have changed it would have been courteous to have notified the sender that the animals they had booked in would not be able to be sent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back