Birds!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh14 - I love little scaleys! What turbo-charged little birds!

Jacorin - Now that is a collection!

I have pair sun conures 7 cockateils two pairs eclectus pair blue fronted amazon and pair yellow tail black cockys and might add one pair ekkies are for sale $1200 to help me buy my first snake

i had 2 pairs of breeding plum headed parrots, 1 pair breeding green cheek conures, 2pairs of breeding sun conures.... lost all but one sun conure due to..........cats. so now i just have about 50 finches in a mixed avary.

3aa911af-5bb3-6e96.jpg
I got a Indian ringneck called terror

Lol true he's good now dose not like being pat like a cat

Lol true he's good now dose not like being pat like a cat

Yeah mine is slowly getting better too, apparently they go thru a "teenage' sort of phase that they bite everything and everyone. I had to put mine in a cage, cos he chewed the walls, chewed my daughters bottles and toys, my toes, anything he could get!

Lol sounds like a ringneck he's really good now loves to play around.

I have just become mum to a 11 week old hand reared Lovebird called " Jack "8)
Who loves nothing more than snuggling up to my neck, under my hair..:lol:

I have just become mum to a 11 week old hand reared Lovebird called " Jack "8)
Who loves nothing more than snuggling up to my neck, under my hair..:lol:
Aww that is so cute! My little birdy made a HUGE knot in my hair the other night. It took me 2.5 hours to give up on it (solved it with scissors) but he thought it was riots of fun!

I have owned and breed eccy's, alexanderines, princess parrots and still breed ring necks.
But this little fellow is the most cheeky and lively have have owned, like he's got ADHD. won't stop all day.sunconure.JPG

ive got a pr of hooded parrots a pr of eckkies and im looking at getting back into hand raising birds too,

IRNs have some strange behaviours... Mine's recently started putting her beak between my toes and just sitting there, perfectly happy...

Do any of yous know any good bird forums like that are as good as aussie pythons but is about birds?

A Bourkes Parrot is an unusual choice of pet bird. Was it hand reared?? If not i would be wary of stress levels as they aren't usually the most confident of birds..
They are an amazing and friendly bird. Never bite. I know people who have worked with birds their whole lives and have never been bitten. Our pair has tried a few times to breed but always in the extreme weather :( hopefully we will get lucky this season and get enough babies in the nest to sneak one out and hand rear it. Here is a few photos of some of our birds
38103_416292599882_764769882_4389576_8089661_n.jpg

38103_416292609882_764769882_4389578_5151290_n.jpg
38103_416292614882_764769882_4389579_680522_n.jpg

Many parrots choose not to bite when held, even when not handreared. Mainly the grass parrots (neophemas) kakarikis etc. Even princess parrots hardly ever bite when caught.

I was commenting on the unusual choice of a 'pet' bird. ie - one kept on its own in a cage inside, not pets out in an aviary etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back