Who makes Rat Racks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrThumper

Reaction score
Hi all,
I live in Brissie and want to start breeding rats. Anyone know who sells/makes reasonably priced racks?

Thanks

I'd ask Aaron ie Snake whisperer on here, i'm pretty sure he does them. If he cant help you give us a buzz and we can make you something

I've set up a small rack (5) for $35 from reject shop, $5 for a bucket on top, $15 for the tubing from tub to tub including the little bits - $20 for the nosles (yet to arrive) - for self watering.
Works a treat so far :)
2 females per tub etc... mm ill take photos but watering system isn't in use just yet as awaiting the nosles but tested the flows etc with drippers and it works.

Only thing i need to worry about is if i open 1 tub it leaves the tub below it open for them to go ooo lets explore and jump out, considering laying fibreglass mesh over the tops of them just to stop this!

P6050029.jpg

I'm a bit far away to make them for you but if you have a hand saw, battery drill, pair of pliers and a staple gun you can make them yourself, these cost under $150 to make, $200 with water bottles and have never had an escape yet from these ones, my other racks used different tubs for starters and they were able to chew through them. I sit the water bottles on the top of the mesh so there are no holes in the tub, and a home made hopper for the food.

The problems with all the racks I see is they are made of wood which swells when it gets wet and can hold bad smells, freedom breeder racks rock!!

The tubs are plastic so the timber should never get wet, freedom breeders are great but way overpriced when you can make something that does the same job in a couple of hours and save yourself a huge amount of money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back