Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I stick to feeding Medium rats as they contain less fat than the Larger sizes. Giving several of these is just as good as one larger item.

not in anyway harmful at all feeding more prey items? would most pet stores stock chickens at all?

i know my pet store does but its pretty good. Its not harmful feeding multiple prey =]

mines just over 2 years now and i feed him two/three week old rabbits....chicken, quail i know my bredli eats anything i put in front of him! (except my hand of course)

I'd definately go the Bredli, gorgeous snakes. And dont worry, Bredlis arent that big.
They get to 8ft max and by that time you will be much more confident with handling her.
When she gets up to about 5-6ft start feeding her rabbits as well, rats of that size contain way tooo much fat!
My first snake was actually going to be a Bredli, but then I saw an Olive Python :D

Heres a picture of a Bredli to show you how big they get. This ones about 7ft and over 10 years old. Bredli (3).jpg

havnt heard from you in a while dale!
bredlis seem nice!, didnt you used to have other snakes?

beautiful snake thanks for sharing the picture i went and checked out some bredli today and fell in love with one have put a deposit down as i am waiting on my heat matt and thermo stat to arrive but its a very nice little male thanks to everyone for all the info and help you have all given it is greatly appreciated

hey richo yeah have other snakes but i still consider myself fairly new to snakes as i have had them for not even a year yet and i havent got a bredli so wanted some information about them didnt know you where a member of aps do you have any snakes or other reps?

been a member here for a while now :p
still havnt gotten a snake :(, but got a few more geckos and netted dragons :)

haha lol thats right your geckos had eggs to i remember now how did that turn out man?

haha thats amazing man good to see they hatched and both turned out healthy for you

just my opinion, but if you started out with an adult snake who was fairly tolerant of people and did not strike as much as young hatchlings do, you would be better off to get your confidence up with handling snakes. I still think i would of been better off with a older snake, but everyone recommended a hatchling so i bought one which i dont really regret, but she has shaken up my confidence a bit at times. In the horse world, its usually not a good idea to start off with an inexpirenced colt but to gain confidence and trust, buy a school master that you can rely on. Dont know if the same philosophy could be applied to snakes, but you really need confidence and sometimes many people need a gentle giant to bring it out. I've had my bredli for a year, so far have not been tagged, i dont plan too but within reason like if she was in danger i would risk a bite for her life, 1000 if i need too but we will cross that bridge when we get there, besides she is TINY! hahah just mind over matter.

Get a hypo :p! Get a hatchie. It's cool to watch them grow up :)! They might be a bit more bitey than a yearling but they are so tiny and it doesn't even hurt. It's more the shock than anything. Handle them heaps and you'll be sweet.

Hypo hatchie Bredli for the win. You will be completely comfortable with him by the time he gets bigger, they are a lot more fun than the Anteresias

yeah put a deposit on a hypo bredli hatchy from a member here called jham66 he was extremely helpful with info on the snake and was a great person to deal with and i feel completely confortable recomending him to any other member here

Hi Dale, self confessed fellow wussie here, i was in the same boat as you, couldnt decide what snake to get originally, ended up with a spotted hatchling, was terrified of it untill it did tag me, then realised it was nothin to worry about but as my confidence grew so did my desire for a bredli, so i got one and he was an absolute darling, sadly due to moving house and horrible new housemate i had to rehome him, ive regretted it ever since :(

I had the opportunity the other day to handle a beautiful pair of 3 yr old Bredli that are for sale near me ,they were puppy dog tame, lovely bredli, never bitten, the size was a BIG difference to my little yearling :) sadly my current housie probably couldnt cope with a snake that big in the house just yet, she is still scared of my new stimmie hatchling :)

I would suggest you put a wanted add up or canvass all the bredli breeders you can find asking for a genuinely placid yearling, something tried and tested but still small enough to grow your confidence with

mine is a hypo as well =]

when they bite it feels like a toothbrush, its just rough no actual pain

Go bredli! They are just pure awesome. I have one. It's my 1st snake. By the time its 6ft you will be confident holding it. No doubt about it. Also bredli are really placid. My bredli hasn't struck at a human in over 2-3 months.
A 10ft bredli is a big one btw.

Will

BREDLI for the WIN!! my first was a bredli, and i have convinced my friend who initially wanted to get a stimpsons, and he is dead set on a hypo bredli... they are great snakes.. and eat like there is NO TOMORROW! they take ages to grow..imo.. i got my girl as a yearling.. and i love watching her grow.. i keep weighing/measuring her.. and cant wait till she is a big ol' girl! But i dont want to rush her.. ill be happy to have a 20yo, healthy Bredli companion! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back