State Transit/Revenue Office Hypocrasy

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmc

Reaction score
Mid April me and a friend were issued fines for fair evasion/not having a correct ticket on the train/not producing the correct ticket, admittedly slightly over the limit, but using public transport as a safe way to get home.

When we did sober up the next day however, it was apparent that both of us did indeed have our tickets. You may say why we didn't put our tickets in the machine...the gates were open, at 11:30pm so as I'm sure everyone on this site has done one time or another, we just walked through.

We both appealed the fine, sending letters based on the format pdf on the website as some of you may have done one time or another, similar letters stating circumstance, with the actual ticket on us. He is a student paying customer, I an adult as I'm not studying.

Well 1 month and a half later we have both been responded, he being let off, I not.

The hypocrisy is rife. I even said in my letter what I was wearing and what time I bought the ticket if they were to keep records of people buying tickets on CCTV (I don't know, just maybe another way I could be honest about it).

I'm refusing to pay the $200 fine for an identical offense someone doesn't have to pay for. If there is anyone from the government or State Transit or the State Revenue Office, I hope you know your system fails. 'The System' fails. You can not set one precedent and break it the next time round. That is wrong. If I need to go to court, so be it. If I need to go again, so be it. If it costs me more than the $200 so be it. I am not going to be pushed around by your failure to produce consistency.

Rant finished, prepare to feel my wrath whoever wants to bring it.

Bit rough, hey. Can't see that you broke the law if you paid for a ticket and couldn't find it when asked to produce it.

The powers that be wonder why more people don't use the public transport system

I wish you all the best and hope you don't get landed with the fine in the long run. It's not Australian !

Cheers
Sandee :)

If they found your travel companion "not guilty" and he has identical reasons and proof to back it up then I cant see why you wouldnt win if taken to court.
Good luck with it, I could go on all night about my experiences with them, the Transit officers are so trigger happy with their fine pad it isnt funny!!!!

Bit rough, hey. Can't see that you broke the law if you paid for a ticket and couldn't find it when asked to produce it.

The powers that be wonder why more people don't use the public transport system

I wish you all the best and hope you don't get landed with the fine in the long run. It's not Australian !

Cheers
Sandee :)

Simple you must produce the ticket when asked, it's part of the terms of sale.

Simple you must produce the ticket when asked, it's part of the terms of sale.

Seems not. As the other person didn't have to pay the fine. What's the diff. ?

you may well of been doing the responsible thing in using public transport, but not being able tp produce your ticket when asked is an offence. its not the travel officers fault that you were slightly over the limit..maybe alittle more than your admitting seeing as you didnt know if you had a ticket or the right ticket till you sobbered up.
pay the fine you coped and remember not to travel on public transport when ur slightly over the limit and cant remember what is going on next time.
maybe if you were a student you would of been lucky like your mate.

That sucks but I get free trains so it never effects me

Cityfail wins again. So did the transit officers ask you to look at the tickets or did they just assume you didn't have one because you walked through the open gates?

If you cant produce the ticket they will fine you on the spot, however if you have lost the ticket and find it after the fine has been issued and can prove it then they will cancel the fine

Gillsy it's about the precedent they set. They can not go one way with one and a different way with the other.

Cityfail wins again. So did the transit officers ask you to look at the tickets or did they just assume you didn't have one because you walked through the open gates?

There was noone in the station. Only on the trains.

And also Gillsy, if they had fined both of us for an identical offense with identical circumstance, I wouldn't care and just pay the fine, but they came at me one way and him the other, so bring it on blue dogs!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back