Outdoor enclosure done.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

liney

Reaction score
The structure is sound but I am still mucking around with HIDE locations for the different seasons etc... The residents don't seem to mind when the suns out but in winter I'm trying to come up with solar powered heat mat/pad possibly from a foot warmer or dog bed to keep the box warm through the night. Anyone else heat their boxes?
cheers

Attachments

• enc1.jpg
    enc1.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 178
  • enc2.jpg
    enc2.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 183
  • enc5.jpg
    enc5.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 172
  • enc3.jpg
    enc3.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 147
looks good i dont know if its just a bad pic but where the door is when its closed looks like a mighty big gap where your snake could get out

In the outdoor enclosures I have, I suspend a wooden hide box on on timbers about mid cage where it can be warmed by the morning sun & another hide at ground level for a cooler hide if chosen.
I do not heat the hides & let natural night cooling occur.

Cheers
Ian

The gap at the bottom is about 2mm if lucky and around 7 mm at the top but the snake in there is over 3kg so I don't think he will fit lol. The bigger they are the lazzier they are and more content to just sunbath all day. Our night temps are down to about 6 C and these snakes have been inside all their lives so I'm wanting to make a slow transition from warm to cold for the poor bu%%$rs ha ha.

In the outdoor enclosures I have, I suspend a wooden hide box on on timbers about mid cage where it can be warmed by the morning sun & another hide at ground level for a cooler hide if chosen.
I do not heat the hides & let natural night cooling occur.

Cheers
Ian

I agree, I might be getting a diamond soon and I wouldn't dare mess with artificial heat because diamonds live around my area, so if the snakes in the wild can cope so can yours.
But I would make sure I would have a good 'hibernation' box for it to sleep in when winter is present.

Yep, I have a MDF box with heat cord routed bottom and 2 sides, leave it on all year.
Cold or hot day, some times there in it sometimes there not.
3x diamond's in the enclosure.

Cheers
Russell

I don't heat outdoor hides but you do need to place them in appropriate positions, mine are either lined with sheets of foam or are old ekies painted with a hole cut out and filled with shredded paper

im in sydney. we get some nights here below zero. i have diamonds and murray darlings in outside avairies without heating. all cope with the winter temperature. i wouldnt put any snake outside at this time of year. snakes should be moved outside when temperatures match what they have been kept inside at. then let them adjust to normal outside temperatures

im in sydney. we get some nights here below zero. i have diamonds and murray darlings in outside avairies without heating. all cope with the winter temperature. i wouldnt put any snake outside at this time of year. snakes should be moved outside when temperatures match what they have been kept inside at. then let them adjust to normal outside temperatures

I agree, well said.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back