stubbon blackhead

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brownie3215

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my blacked head is not eating i have had him for a month and has not eaten but eat before i got him. he is on 32 degrees. would any ony have any ideas why?

Probably just hasn't settled in yet?

What's the set up like and what was he being fed previously and is that what you're trying to feed him?

he is in a 565 x 565x465 melamine incloser with hide with that cat litter that is made form newspaped for a flooring. he was eating weaner rats and thats what i am trying to feed him still and also rats are from the same breader.

when i got my bph 6 weeks old he did not eat first time i tryed to feed him so i asked the guy i brought him off and he said he was feeding him mice and i tried a rat so next round i gave him a mouse and he scoffed it down. how old is he? how big of a hide does he have?

Have you tried leaving it for him/her to find by themself? Lights out, private meal, etc.

Have you tried just leaving the rat in there over night?
My BHP wouldn't eat from the tongs and only ate if I left it in with her.

Only today for the first time, she took it from the tongs and I've had her for about 5-6 weeks.

Last edited:
he was on rats and i have actually seen him eat a rat befor a got him. he is around 13 months old and the hide is just big enough for him to fit in with a small amount of room to move in. i have left the rat in ther or overr half an hour in the spare room lights outs and covered over with a towel but still no good. is it okay to leave in there over night? even if it goes cold?

ok cool he is very energitic crawling around the cage and up the glass so dont think he is sick as i clean cage every week.

o ok then might do that and just let him settle for a while. also take them out of the cage and put him in a container to feed him as that was the way i was shown. would that matter? thats how he has always been feed thou?

o ok then might do that and just let him settle for a while. also take them out of the cage and put him in a container to feed him as that was the way i was shown. would that matter? thats how he has always been feed thou?

As for feeding, people will tell you to take him out and feed in a seperate container etc etc.
All my snakes get fed in their enclosures. Its personal preference really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back