bear grylls

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought everyone hated him, but ok then everyone can have their opinions. I dont hate him, but he ticks me off for sure.

He seems like somebody who is either hated, and no amount of "fact" or persuasion can change that,
or he is loved...and no amount of fact or persuasion can change that either.

what can I say Dan, trash TV allows me to turn my brain off for a change :p I need that sometimes!

He seems like somebody who is either hated, and no amount of "fact" or persuasion can change that,
or he is loved...and no amount of fact or persuasion can change that either.

what can I say Dan, trash TV allows me to turn my brain off for a change :p I need that sometimes!

You just think Ronnie and Paulie are all that :p

LOL
I really don't, wouldn't date any of them.
They're all such sensitive little girls.
Ronnie does my head in.

anyway, this is off topic!

The thread will be closed as soon as a mod sees it anyway so you should have a competition to see how far you can drive it off before it does :p

oh Dan you little pot stirrer ;) (I mean that in a nice way!)

Last edited:
I wish I knew someone high up in QLD Transport so I could get a turbo exemption.

You're such a trouble maker, Sax.

He obviously gets permission or he wouldn't be able to show it

While he might get permission I find it likely that many people on tv dealing with reptiles these days get permission only through a status gained by their being on tv.
A bending of the rules so to speak. In the case where someone kills and eats a native animal (as I have already said excluding as a food source for Aboriginal whatever I never payed attention to the fineties of that rule) on purpose and without legitimate need, and films it I can find no way that it could possibly be allowed. No scientist could say I want to go out and kill this and eat it to see what it tastes like, why should a rich television personality be able to?
I have never watched the show so I cannot say whether he did or did not kill animals in Aus but if he did I find it hard to imagine he had permission and if he did hard to comprehend how he got it.

On the whole is he tough debate. Of course he is, whether you have a backing crew of 4 or a million you need physical fitness to film a show such as this, does not in my books make him cool.

Who says he didn't give the animals to the native people who were working with him? He was in Arnhem Land after all and so his local guide would most likely have been an Aboriginal person. I just think people shouldn't make judgements about things they don't know for certain. Like I said, if you don't like it, change the channel and stop whining about it

Then again, my old boss hated Bear Grylls, said any number of comments regarding him killing and eating animals for food while not needing it, being a pansy presenter etc, turns out he was jealous lol

I do enjoy watching man vs wild though, some things he does are for TV value and wouldn't be encouraged in a survival situation, however he can light a great fire and he's an incredible rock climber.

It's all just entertainment, like sax says, you can't pass anymore judgment on it then to either watch it or change channel

I wish the producers of Two and a half men would suck it up and just play the damn show. That was epic. Charlie Sheen was hilarious, and the envy of a lot of men, haha. He got in strife for doing what his character does in real life.

you notice towards the end of his part in the show his character began to sort of head on a downward spiral similar to him in real life?

Haha I saw an interview with him and he said they had to change the scenes a couple of times so he could be leaning on something or sitting down because he came to work so wasted

that show is absolutely horrible :|
not even remotely funny, just tacky... "oh an ugly horribly dressed guy has sex with young girls" amazing. what thought they put into that!

I really hate it because he was SO good in Platoon.

and if I were Denise Richards, I'd kill him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back