Why why why?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiifty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just got a female bredli hatchy and i have newspaper down on the floor of the enclosure and all she seems to want to do is hide under the newspaper instead of in the hides ive gone and spent a bloody fortune on :(

she'll use the hide after awhile... hopefully

Yeah a few of mine do it as well, thats why i am using cardboard boxes and some bonsai pots i had in the back yard (and yes i cleaned them)

i also just got a bredli and he either hides in toilet roll or on his perch of dowel do you have a hide in hot and cold side?

My stimmie does that too. She loves to make little "caves" under her paper. As others have said your baby Bredli probably feels comfortable and safe in the tight space.

I notice mine does it a lot more when she's about to shed. My theory is that she likes to hide because she's feeling more vulnerable at that time and it's more humid under there, helping with the shed.

Have you got a hide at the cool end of your enclosure?

Ohh well the guy i bought my snake off Jham66 said that shes about to shed maybe once she has shed she will come out a little more ive noticed shes very active during the night time tho
and yes a i have about 4 hides 2 on the hot side 1 in the middle and another on the cold side

you will find that she is active at night and sleeps through the day... thats what pythons do..

Ohh well the guy i bought my snake off Jham66 said that shes about to shed maybe once she has shed she will come out a little more ive noticed shes very active during the night time tho
and yes a i have about 4 hides 2 on the hot side 1 in the middle and another on the cold side
She is female and likes to frustrate you *laughs evilly*

it may betrying to get more heat.. make sure your hot spot is set right..

Hey swiifty.
It doesn't matter to your snake whether it is a beautiful new hide or a piece of paper, hidden is hidden! My adults will go under the paper if I don't weigh it down. I have a few short sections of natural timber that I've dried and sealed. I put the long perch (that sits up a bit off the floor) along the entire length of the enclosure and then the shorter sections scattered around to stop the snakes from burying themselves in the paper.

Are the hides you have big or small? If she can barely coil inside it then it is the right size, and a nice low roof is good too.

and as cadwallader said above, they move around at night and hide during the day... they would be lunch if they were out and about in daylight!

There is another one of my hatchies who has been hiding under the paper for about three days now... I don't even know if she has been out at all, she is another one that hasn't had her second shed yet...

It seems odd, but I would throw away the hides and give it more paper!

my little MD has a stubby cooler that she loves in her click clack. but she also goes in under the paper towel.

I don't mind them going under the paper, it's the noise they make when they do it lol.

In the smaller hides, I've put toilet paper rolls inside them to make them a tighter fit. My Diamond and Bredlis use their hides more than they did before.

My BHP has a bathmat as a hide. Stuck it in there to cover a gap in the astro
turf, now it's his home. I can wash it easily and gives him a snug fit.
Doesn't matter where they hide (hide or paper) as long as they have a private spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back