Show us your pink tongues!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Show us your pink toungues!

Here is my grumpy girl

Jan 2011 068.jpg

PT14.jpg PT12.jpg PT13.jpg

Here's some pics of mine munching down on some little snails. Loved em! :p
I haven't got names for them yet. I have 3. As shown, one with little/light banding and the other 2 are nice and banded. The pale one was the biggest one there and the other 2 were the best looking. I really think I want to go and get more but I paid more than what was previously mentioned and to think if I have a female.... I could have many-a-baby in the future! I love them though. So adoreable :)

PT3.jpg Hehe I love this.... I'm going to eat you! Nom! PT2.jpg

None of them are the colour of the ones I get in my area, do you know what their locale is? Gotta admit looking at this thread I am starting to really want a pink tongue. Unfortunately I am getting monitors tomorrow which means no new stuff for a while.

They are very variable in colour. They can be very dark and banded to very pale and lightly banded to pinkish gold and patternless.

Sure, I have seen several of the variations in the wild, however I have never seen two of the variations in the same relative geographic area, which indicates to me there may be a correlation to locale of animals to the colour pattern they have. This may further but not necessarily relate to camouflage required in different parts of their range as the ones occurring that I often see within 100km of where I live all are very similar to the colour of liken on many rocks in moister forest of the area.

I am simply curious as to know the locale of these particular animals.

Hmm good point, they have quite a wide range. It'd be an interesting thing to investigate. I'm sure the Cairns morph would be different to the Sydney morph which again would be different to the rare SA morph.

pink tongues look nice :) i was just wondering...are they class 1 in NSW? if they are i might have to start looking for some :)

Harry

I'd like it if it turned out to be a patternless one as the other too are banded. Would just make for a contrast/difference in the enclosure and interesting babies.... If I have a M & F.... *crosses fingers*
I'd really like to get a couple more even.

None of them are the colour of the ones I get in my area, do you know what their locale is? Gotta admit looking at this thread I am starting to really want a pink tongue. Unfortunately I am getting monitors tomorrow which means no new stuff for a while.

If you are talking to me, sorry, no, I don't know what their locale is. I got them from Melbourne but that could mean anything.
I could ring the shop and see if they know if you'd like me to?

No it is ok. If they are from a petshop more likely than not they will not know and I am not so curious I really need to know. Just a little curious. :p

Think if I ever end up getting more money might have to consider these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back