How to catch a carpet snake?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

random88

Reaction score
I posted a month or two ago after having urine leak from the ceiling, wondered if it was reptile or furry. Heard some rats/mice in the ceiling last night so went up with a live trap and two new plastic rat traps.

Just near the man-hole was a two metre skin. Anyway it may still be up there and i'm interested in how get it out without injury. Pretty sure I have spotted a gap where it got in. If i catch a rodent in the live trap and use that as an attraction, will the snake hang about long even if it can't get it...or lose interest quickly? Any other suggestions?

u can call someone or just go up if possible put a small towel over its eyes so its blind and grab it just behind the head but have someone with u incase it goes for ur face when strangling. then put it in a pillow case and get someone to take it.

good luck

All I can say is good luck!!!! The snake will find you before you find it lol. Look up around your rafters etc it is going to be somewhat warmer in your roof cavity than out side but it may still be in hibernation if the shed skin is 2m I would think your most likely looking for a snake around the 1.5m mark. Where abouts are you?

It will probably hang around trying to get the rat
If it does hang round only problem will be for you
Thats because it will be in feeding mode
Dont use bare hands to pick it up
Use a pillow case or something similar

Early morning would be the best time to look for it
It will not be as active after a cold night

you need some special snake bait

then you have to be vewy vewy qwiet

iv fashioned many a snake trap from a box of matches, 2 lengths of yarn and a button

yeah having a snake in your roof is awesome =] they eat all the rats! unless you have cats...

but that urine leak doesnt sound as fun

But snakes hardly wee. ??( Uratic scat?) And possibly a couple of tbl spoons of liquid twice a month, your wee in the roof isn't from a snake. Maybe the mice you have are responsible for the wee that the" possible" python is feeding on.

I dont know my bredli did a wee once that soaked her newspaper , and started trickling out the gap of the doors of her enclosure , so glad I was there with the paper towel before it hit the carpet .. Ewwwww.... But yah if you dont feel confident catching it yourself , get wallypod to catch it for you . He just got his certificate and wants the experiance ,I believe I read in another thread :)

I'd leave the bugger their

my oath grizz. All it will do is clean up your vermin. it wont eat your children. And those unexpected encounters are magic when you have them without fear.

All I can say is good luck!!!! The snake will find you before you find it lol. Look up around your rafters etc it is going to be somewhat warmer in your roof cavity than out side but it may still be in hibernation if the shed skin is 2m I would think your most likely looking for a snake around the 1.5m mark. Where abouts are you?

hope it wakes up from hibernation like a cranky grizzly bear and bites you.
snakes dont hibernate

I think you technically need a damage mitigation permit, least in QLD, but a cert 4 in crocodile hunting would be good enough :)

I do that as part of a Cert IV in Conservation & Land Management. (It's monitoring but catch and release is part of it.)

I meant Steve Irwin-esque adentures, haha. That's cool mate, are you allowed to take pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back