Moving a Python Internationally

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zelbzle

Reaction score
I am moving to the UK to be with family, but I have a Stimson's python who means everything to me I would hate to leave him behind. Does anyone know if you can move Australian pythons internationally?

Australia is very strict with reptiles. Many people have to sell their beloved pets when moving to even Tasmania and WA, let alone overseas.

you cant import or exsport any pythons of any kind there are heavy fines sorry

Find a good home for it before you go . The good news to help get over it ; in the UK you can get all kinds of exotic snakes , cheaply and easily .

sell it
i have just come back from england and you can buy just about anything there from a pet shop
i saw jungles , olives , womas , BHPs , Stimsons , macs , Boas ,Anacondas , retics , frogs , cane toads ( no joke ) , Bearded dragons , frilled necks , goannas , huge cockroaches , turtles .....and more
And all for a good price - around what you would pay here ( after exchange rate )

They dont care too much about it over there , because if any of the exotics escaped , there is no chance of them surviving the winter conditions.

I don't think it's a case of just sell it and buy another stimson when you get there. They become more than just pets and you get attached to them and their personalities.

Organise a zoo over there to buy it, then you can go visit it and.... who knows.....

from what huloosenator said in his post though they openly sell our aussie natives in there stores and i have seen threeads before where people have our local snakes in there collections surely they wouldnt be so open to show these if it was illegal?

from what huloosenator said in his post though they openly sell our aussie natives in there stores and i have seen threeads before where people have our local snakes in there collections surely they wouldnt be so open to show these if it was illegal?

Possobly things are not policed over wherever.

To the OP I don't like your chances of taking your pet over to the UK legally, sorry to give you bad news. You can always try with the authorities anyways and see how you go. Goodluck.

mayby ask one of the people on the forum from over seas how they got there aussie herps

This thread has gotten silly, no zoo is going to offer to take a stimsons, our animals have been over there for years, they have some even we don't have in captivity.

1000's of animals are smuggled out every year on top of what they already have, and our animals are smuggled back in eg GTP's and Jag's.

Live with the fact you have to get rid of it, no if's or buts.

Organise a zoo over there to buy it, then you can go visit it and.... who knows.....

As a Recreational Licence holder you can't export snake to an overseas Zoo. Besides, no Zoo would be interested in buying (or even a gift) one snake from an unknown private keeper on the other side of the globe.

Dale - The question has been answered, if you disagree with the answer then put it in your bag and see how you go.

It is illegal. There is absolutely no way for you to take your snake with you legally.

aslan its not my snake i was just curious read the thread before you get snippy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back