Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt a bit cruel...but I guess winter in SA is basically like being in a fridge anyway!

I'm in Canberra mate winter here is horrible I have heat in my house over my woodeys and crickets lol

reptile keeper when,.....You don't like carrots that much but always make sure your fridge is stocked

... Your room is warm in winter due to housing reptiles/incubating their eggs.
... Your electricity bill goes over $800
... Your parents don't want to charge you board but Electricity Fees.
... You own 30+ Fish tanks.
... You start planing where you want to live and what type of house will fit the most reptiles.
... You spend your life savings on reptiles in 3 months.
... Your cubby house is now a shed for reptile stuff.

When your 4 year old comes home and says its pet day at pre school and he cant undertsand why his pets are a risk to the other kids pets.

When all of the disagreements i have with my boyfriend consist of
Him-"why did you get anouther one?"
Me- "because it was so pretty..."
Him-"You know this means i get to go to bunnings now"

... ... You start planing where you want to live and what type of house will fit the most reptiles.

The most anoying of all problems.

I also want a firedrake that is purple. Just saying.

Last edited:
Depending on how you look at it; the worst thing about not living with your parents is not having somebody to restrain you from buying more reptiles.

you know you're a reptile keeper when your friends kids are more frightened of your dogs, than they are of your reptiles

When ur broke as a joke and still check this site ten times a day for bargins. Also spending ur money before u have it. Also owing my wife dosh all the time cause i cant save

When Bunnings should have some sort of customer loyalty card with discounts for Herp. keepers.

When someone you know doesn’t acknowledge the snake your holding when they are talking to you (because they are used to it)

When you have snake owner on your resume under hobbies

when you are chasing little Garden Skinks in your front yard and the neighbours think there is something wrong with you.

When no one else will go bush walking with you because they know that they have to stop every 20 or 30 metres so you can turn over another log/rock.

Last edited:
when you are chasing little Garden Skinks in your front yard and the neighbours think there is something wrong with you.

When no one else will go bush walking with you because they know that they have to stop every 20 or 30 metres so you can turn over another log/rock.
my mates make me leave the hook behind when we go bush. They also don't like it when we go on a hunt and i spend more time looking for snakes and disturbing the dear than i do hunting.

you know your a reptile keeper when you show people a pic of your snake and all of a sudden your youth pastor wants you to do a demo and you say 'can't i do it when i have an 8ft'er?'

79dac292-2b78-ba2e.jpg
when you measure your tubs with actual water because your maths sucks lol.

you know your a reptile keeper when you show people a pic of your snake and all of a sudden your youth pastor wants you to do a demo and you say 'can't i do it when i have an 8ft'er?'
I had a youth pastor that wanted me to bring mine for a fear factor type event after he found out I kept. Then he started calling me when snakes came into the church.

my youth pastor and his brother were like..'you should get a taipan or a brown snake or something' i laughed and said i'd like to in the future when i've done the right course and have the right licence. he got scared then.

You know you are a reptile keeper when, during a conversation regarding the age of your family's dog, you refer to the dog's DOB as her 'hatch date'...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back