PICS= Myself and some of my beautiful pythons!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaraLeigh

Reaction score
477.jpg This is Poseidon, my Centralian! 479.jpg
490.jpg<--- Harlequin, my Coastal. Delilah, Stimmo --->499.jpg
513.jpg<-- Mikey & Jumanji [my Male Stimsons] --> 516.jpg 525.jpg Delilah [in my hands] and Jumanji [around my arm] together [originally bought as pair].

Then my new BHP's! Romeo and Jeweliette. They ate for the first time since they've been home last night. I was very pleased. Aren't they gorgeous!?
532.jpg 539.jpg <--Jeweliette & Romeo--> 543.jpg
Then last but CERTAINLY not least my beautiful Olive, Alecia :D 571.jpg
I also have 3 baby Jungle Pythons but I had just fed them and didn't really feel like getting bitten. Their names are Tarzan, Jane & Kaa.
Hope you enjoy the photos.
Cheers. Tara Leigh!

Not a good idea to have pythons anywhere near your face.Aside from the possibility of a bite, kissing a python should be avoided at all costs.A dose of salmonella transfered from a reptile is a very nasty illness.

Not a good idea to have pythons anywhere near your face.Aside from the possibility of a bite, kissing a python should be avoided at all costs.A dose of salmonella transfered from a reptile is a very nasty illness.

Try stop worrying so much about what others are doing.

It's a nice warning but I'm not inexperienced nor are the pythons strangers to me ++ I had someone close by if anything had of happened. No going back now though.

Try stop worrying so much about what others are doing.

I wrote what I did as a warning to others who don't know about the potential of contracting salmonella from their pets.Anyone who has experienced it will never forget it.

Thanks for the good advice rams. I would not of been aware of this.

Good thing Possidion didnt bite your nose or worse good collection like the olive and the black heads are cute all the names are good too

You have some beautiful snakes there Tara. I like that photo of you, Delilah and Jumanji. That's a great shot.

Im surprised by how many people don't know about the risks of salmonella poisoning, but then again I have not seen to many people stating it. All newbies should know about this as well as people with small children, older adults and others with weakened immune systems like those on immune suppressants like myself for Crohns. Its not about worrying what others are doing it's about education on proper handling and hygiene of reps.

Great reps you have ;)

Thanx for the compliments.
I would have got rid of the thread/photos if it's setting a bad example. I don't want that to happen at all.
I am well aware of what I was doing. Spose I just love my snakes and wanted to spread some happyness.
But it shall stay as a warning if everyones happy to leave it? Apologies.

Great Pics Tara :)

I think I like the one of You and Harlequin best...Also as said above . Great names ! I have a bredli pair named Romeo and Jeweliette , did you change the spelling of juliet on purpose too ??

with that man dan on this one:lighten up. if the kids wanna kiss stimmies and snuggle up with their snakes so be it. salmonella; potential yes, probability low as a lizards belly.

Thanx hun. Harlequin is a bit tempremental, that is one of the only pics you'll see of me with him. Aha.
That's really cool! I don't like the name Juliet [no offence to any Juliet's out there] and just thought Jeweliette looked nicer written. I dunno. I can't really explain my reasoning-- what was yours? Love it.

No harm in warning someone no matter how low a risk Jack. Sorry bud have to disagree this time round.

I know of two people who contracted a dose of salmonella from reptiles.One was the wife of one of the sponsors of this site quite a few years ago and the other was me,just last year.

Soz just thought about how many times my mum told me not to kiss the cat when I was little ,I didnt listen and yes I got ringworm :( but I still kiss that cat .... hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back