Tigersnake Callout

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Got a call today to remove a tigersnake from a shipping container

that was being used as a shed for storing farm chemicals.

Some of these chemicals dated back to the early 90s and it didnt look a good

environment but there were rats living there and this tiger may have been there for

quite a while to.

So I thought Id take some footage and have another shot at editing..

What do you think?

[video=youtube;lSpxlLKUEe0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSpxlLKUEe0[/video]

Your cameraman did some awesome panning shots of the crap in the room, he he

The cameraman has snake phobia - that's why the camera was shaking all over the place!

Good video and great tiger.

Got a call today to remove a tigersnake from a shipping container
that was being used as a shed for storing farm chemicals.
Some of these chemicals dated back to the early 90s and it didnt look a good
environment but there were rats living there and this tiger may have been there for
quite a while to.

why is it do i think of mutant ninja tigersnakes when i read this?

very cold tigersnake hey baz,man im out of snake jobs at moment but the tigers and copperheads keep you occupied even in winter

didnt look an easy removal from the container
She got into the groove of the floor and wedged
herself so I had to be careful not to damage her.
Last weeks snake death is still fresh in my mind.
very cold tigersnake hey baz,man im out of snake jobs at moment but the tigers and copperheads keep you occupied even in winter
Rob, these snakes are usually disturbed from the Winter home and thats when i get the call, although some will come out in the middle of Winter if it's a sunny day.
@ Darlyn, the "camera man" was the guy who rang me to get the snake, he was the potato farmers son, and he was crapping his pants for a while.
Thanks for all the cool feedback people.

Sounds like you need to open up a few more branches already, Rob! Still a few Copperheads around here, mate and my number's in the book:)!

Baz, are you still finding Tigers active and moving about at this time of year down South, or is it just animals that have been disturbed from Winter retreats? Up here, I'm still finding Highland Copperheads and RBB's out during the day, but no Tigers.

Another nice vid BTW.

The tigers are mainly being seen in places where there is cover and food like in this container, and in sheds.
Copperheads are still being seen as i recieved a call today for a "brown snake" in Hastings which had gone before I got there.
It was a cold day so that helped to make it look easy Gordo.
Even a brown would have been slow yesterday.
Luckily the sun came out for the release and it warmed enough, and was early in the day enough, for the tiger to find cover

Thanks, had to laugh when you said about the camera mans phobia, lol. Great to see people call to have the snakes relocated! :)

Nice looking Tiger, Good to see a farmer want to relocate a snake instead ripping into it with a 12gauge.

It is good to see them relocated, just like bigfella77 said they are often just shot. Thanks for sharing.

The camera man was the guy who rang me to get rid of the snake.

His dad owns the potato farm and dad reckons
that

"when you kill a snake it dosn't die till sundown..."
among other things.

Also, if he knew his kid rang a snakecatcher instead of killing the snake,
then the boy would be for the high jump.

Richard, do you still want to get some of these hoop bags?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back