Diamond Python off his food!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njames

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Sammy, my 3 year old male Diamond Python, has not eaten in a couple months.

He was eating pretty much weekly, always smashing his food and then just stopped.

I have heard that they can sense the change in season and this will sometimes cause them to stop eating, but my 3.5 year old girl is still eating happily.

Do I have any justification for being concerned?

Cheers,

Nathan

Yer, but he still is really active... Stupid thing just needs to eat regularly to catch up to his Mrs!

dont be alarmed yet, assuming he was in good health prior to hunger strike he will be fine slow down the amount of food offered during the cooler months.
P.S. you breeding them this season?

Diamonds tend to do that....they don't like hibernating lol
Don't worry, come spring-summer, he'l be ready

dont be alarmed yet, assuming he was in good health prior to hunger strike he will be fine slow down the amount of food offered during the cooler months.
P.S. you breeding them this season

Hopefully next season, I'm in no hurry to get them going!

i stopped feeding my diamonds in April...and wont offer them food now until September ( males and non breeders / juveniles ) and December ( females )'
I wouldnt feed a 3 yr old over winter.

Well I know the difference between brumating and hibernating, and was that last bit supposed to be sarcastic?
And no I'm not a keeper yet...

Hey guys,

Sammy, my 3 year old male Diamond Python, has not eaten in a couple months.

He was eating pretty much weekly, always smashing his food and then just stopped.

I have heard that they can sense the change in season and this will sometimes cause them to stop eating, but my 3.5 year old girl is still eating happily.

Do I have any justification for being concerned?

Cheers,

Nathan

There is no problem and as a few others have mentioned he will start again as the season changes.
We have one adult male that will eat 12 months round and another that shuts off in march/april and doesnt start again untill september.
Perfectly natural!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back