Nikon D7000

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snake_boy

Reaction score
Well its time to upgrade my DLSR and the Nikon D7000 has caught my eye. All the reviews i have read/watched have all had goo things to say. So has anyone on here got one or used one?

If so how did it preform?

Cheers.

Yeah I got the D7k a few months a go before I went to Europe great camera. My other cameras are the D80 and D90. This one is a million tines better than both of those models. I love the quick functions, the high iso, etc. I'll post some pics when get time.

The Nikon D7000 is probably the best cropped sensor DSLR on the market (as far as I'm concerned). I upgraded to the D300s 4 months before the D7000 came out, and while I'm not disappointed with my decision...it would have made any decision a lot tougher at the time if the D7000 was out.

Impressive high ISO capabilities. I do recall (an unbiased) canon user that the image quality of the D7000, was incredibly close to that of the Canon 5dMkII. That in itself is pretty amazing.

I certainly don't think you'd be disappointed in this cam. Go for it!

It is definitely worth the money! like bradchip has said the quality of this camera is amazing! It has made my upgrade decision very tough.

this is just making it harder haha. Its between the Nikon D7000 and the Cannon 60D.

Would love to see some of those pics snowman.

Cheers.
Cal

I'd DEFINITELY go the D7000 over the Canon 60d. The nikon has the far superior sensor and low light (high ISO) ability.

A closer competition would be between the Canon 7D and the Nikon D7000.

I was considering whether to stay crop or full frame and so it was either D7000 or D700. Lucky I went with the D700, it's just a much better camera. But I'd be more than happy with the D7000. All the reviews are good and I had a feel of it too and it's well built and its not plastic. Go for the D7000 rather than the 60D I think.

don't seem to be able to attach pictures at the moment. When I click manage attachments I just get a green screen?!

Last edited by a moderator:
The old full frame vs cropped sensor debate always comes into buying a new camera. I did a lot of weighing things up before getting the D300s, borrowed a D700 for a little while too.

As much as I love the D700, for wildlife photography it wouldn't cut it for me. The extra reach I get with my lenses makes the cropped sensor a much better option for me. Also using a full frame camera for macro shooting would be a bit of a pain. I'd have to crop the image substantially to get as close as I would have with the cropped sensor. If I was working in studio environments more, I may have very well gone the D700. The low light capability is kickarse :D But then again, the low light capability of the D7000 isn't all that far behind some of the full frame cameras. Things are catching up.

The old full frame vs cropped sensor debate always comes into buying a new camera. I did a lot of weighing things up before getting the D300s, borrowed a D700 for a little while too.

As much as I love the D700, for wildlife photography it wouldn't cut it for me. The extra reach I get with my lenses makes the cropped sensor a much better option for me. Also using a full frame camera for macro shooting would be a bit of a pain. I'd have to crop the image substantially to get as close as I would have with the cropped sensor. If I was working in studio environments more, I may have very well gone the D700. The low light capability is kickarse :D But then again, the low light capability of the D7000 isn't all that far behind some of the full frame cameras. Things are catching up.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing too. Would having a crop sensor help me with my type of shooting? Then I went with a full frame haha. Oh that's also because I bought it second hand from a mate as well. I just love the low light performance in the D700. It's SO good. lol

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

All taken on the D7000. Played with some, like the black and white shot in photoshop. Untouched photo of the duck bellow. Of course the resolution is crap when you post pictures. They look much better as the original large file.

attachment.php

Nothing wrong with a fuji point and shoot.... If you are 6 years old or 60 years old. Anything in-between should be a little more sophisticated ;) (JUST JOKES)

[video=youtube;55MzLcjkahk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55MzLcjkahk[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back