John Wiegal on Bondi Vet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Who saw the cobra? John has obviously handled plenty of venomous snakes in his times, didn't look phased at all going in to catch his cobra. My heart pounds out my chest just to go after a red belly, let alone something considered more dangerous....lol

A big thumbs up to John and his team very very jelous that get to this day in day out

That cobra was massive. I don't think I would want to be standing in there lol. He made it look easy.

I thought it was funny as, why would john need a tv vets help, surely there would be others better able to help him get the cap.

Sure was a nice plug for his park though

I thought it was funny as, why would john need a tv vets help, surely there would be others better able to help him get the cap.

Yea my guess would be for the plug

And some cobras grow to huge sizes, 16ft I think as the bigger species eat mangrove snakes as a steady diet.

Its for the free plug. Other vets are the proper vets for the local zoos and reptile parks. They just get the tv dude in when it doesn't really need a vet but it'll make good tv.

Well, for whatever reason, I think it worked! ;) My phone went nuts! "Did you see John?" "Hey, watch Bondi Vet tonight...!" Sheesh, these people think all I do is sit around and watch crappy commercial tv??? Pfffft!

What concerned me was "four layers" worth of eye-caps??? How slack are they in there? They should've taken the FIRST layer off, not let it get THAT bad!

Stepping off my soap-box now!

While i agree that it certainly is a publicity stunt, you've gotta respect a person who has the balls to do that.

Hahahah..isn't he lucky to have a make-up girl to blot off all the sweat before it made his man tan run?

The Reptile Park always have Chris Brown tending to their animals. He was there last week with the alligator who they thought was egg bound. He's been there with the tassie devils, that really big snake of theirs, boa? and also in the wallaby pen. So I don't see why one can think this particular episode was a publicity stunt, compared to other ones.

I've met John Wiegel and his wife in person. They are very lovely, down to earth people. John knows his stuff and I just wish I had half his experience.

haha...wish the Cameras had been there when John dropped a Death Adder on my sons foot...PMSL

:O Holy duly Cockney. Glad you can laugh about it now...lol....I past the stupidity test there, putting my hand up, volunteering to go inside Elvis the croc's enclosure. I don't think I am as brave as I like to think...haha

The Reptile Park always have Chris Brown tending to their animals. He was there last week with the alligator who they thought was egg bound. He's been there with the tassie devils, that really big snake of theirs, boa? and also in the wallaby pen. So I don't see why one can think this particular episode was a publicity stunt, compared to other ones.

I've met John Wiegel and his wife in person. They are very lovely, down to earth people. John knows his stuff and I just wish I had half his experience.

Just because he has been there a few times doesn't mean that its not good publicity. I personally know their usual vet who incidentally Bondi vet rings when he goes out to ARP to make sure he's not about to do something ill-advised.

Well, for whatever reason, I think it worked! ;) My phone went nuts! "Did you see John?" "Hey, watch Bondi Vet tonight...!" Sheesh, these people think all I do is sit around and watch crappy commercial tv??? Pfffft!

What concerned me was "four layers" worth of eye-caps??? How slack are they in there? They should've taken the FIRST layer off, not let it get THAT bad!

Stepping off my soap-box now!

One method of treatment for retained eyecap is to wait and see if subsequent sheds solves the problem. Given that it was a fairly dangerous animal I think its quite reasonable to not just jump straight in.

Peter Nosworthy has been there exotic vet for years for your information. Publicity stunt, come on didnt anyone see with the alligator and the "bottle" last series, Chris hardly had hes hand down its throat, and ohhh no! no bottle... lol.. And i guess u can say it worked, look at the thread:)

Its a mutual thing. ARP gets tv time and Chris gets some kudos. I know its grandstanding but he is increasing his knowledge bank each time he involves himself in these stunts. It also highlights to Josephine Public that vets treat all animals. I sit there and snipe like the rest of you but in the end its entertainment that borders on reality. Just try and enjoy it. John and Chris do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back