Bad news

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erebos

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey I got a frilly about two weeks ago and it died after 8 days of having it here I have kept them before and still do it was 100% looked after right.

I have told the old owner and he said "it's not my problem". I'm wondering if that's fair?

Input anyone?

thats so sad =[ sorry to hear it... get a reptile autopsy? see if it was something the old owner caused? not sure what you can do sorry...

Need to get autopsy do e tofind outwhy as he may be right but same he may be wrong. People have different opinions on what is the right conditions are. What did you feed him whilst he was in your care?

You'd think the old owner would show sympathy, but no, its "not his problem" :rolleyes: if he doesnt care, i bet he didnt care for it properly and it got a disease in his care. Was he a breeder or just someone who kept it just cos its cool?
So sorry, losing a pet is never nice :(

personally i think it depends on the circumstances. i no with the hatchling beardies i sell if something goes wrong and it can with youngsters even if cared fro properly. if it is within a reasonable timeframe.. few days. then if one is available a replacement is given after proof and questions have been asked/given. however if the answeres arent acurate enough to tell me that it wasnt something in their husbandry that was of then to bad so sad

I had a ortopsy done it was liver Disease they said it would of been over more then 8 days to kill it.

Pluss it was a adult and looked in bad health when I got her.

If you got it about two weeks ago and it died within eight days of being with you then where was it inbetween?

If you got it about two weeks ago and it died within eight days of being with you then where was it inbetween?

I got the ortopsy done strait away same day but never said anything.

Did you notify the seller as soon as you got it that it looked less than 100% health wise? did you see the animal before you bought it? or get it freighted?

I think the bloke you got ur frilly off should take responsablity for it.
I think you should take it to a vet and get them to tell u y he/she died.
and if it is the other persons fault. you should take them to court.

When we spoke on the fone about how he screwed u over and how badly under weight he/she was i think u could have a very big chance of winning and get all ur money back.

Cheers
Kyle

how old was it?

could it of obtained liver disease int he 8 days you had it and die? or more likely did it already have it and it was just a matter of time.. I guess more to the point would the owner of known this animal had this disease.

p.s it is Autopsy...

Did you notify the seller as soon as you got it that it looked less than 100% health wise? did you see the animal before you bought it? or get it freighted?

I did but but he said it was fine it was a bit of a sour deal. In the pics it was in great condition. Not when it got here. It's ok I'll just cut my losses and move on but I will never buy a animal again without seeing it first. Lesson lernt.

how old was it?

could it of obtained liver disease int he 8 days you had it and die? or more likely did it already have it and it was just a matter of time.. I guess more to the point would the owner of known this animal had this disease.

p.s it is Autopsy...

Most likely he knew something was wrong but would never admit it.

I did but but he said it was fine it was a bit of a sour deal. In the pics it was in great condition. Not when it got here. It's ok I'll just cut my losses and move on but I will never buy a animal again without seeing it first. Lesson lernt.

Most likely he knew something was wrong but would never admit it.

And thanks for the spelling fix I can't spell to well

Sadly i also found this out the hard way sorry to hear mate.

That's the downside to buying sight unseen.

Sounds like you took a gamble on a crook (cheap?) animal and lost, it happens.

Ps it is necropsy.

Ah, FINALLY! Someone's got it right! Although both terms "technically" mean the same thing (with regard to a "dead body), the term 'autopsy' is usually referred to with deceased persons, 'necropsy' is usually referred to with deceased ANIMALS...

Thank you hypochondroac! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back