Insomnia sucks.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucky you don't have Insomnia mixed with Dyslexia and being Agnostic all the same time, as you would lying in bed all night wondering if there is really a dog.
Seriously you should see a Doctor mate. Please don't the joke the wrong way though.

I have not read all the replies, so sorry if I am repeating,.
My Husband & I both have trouble sleeping.
I know you mentioned no medication, but we take Valerian Forte & occasionally take Melatonin which both seem to help somewhat & are a more natural approach compared to other medications.

Hope you find something to help,. Insomnia can be somewhat draining!

My friends all get about 10 hrs of sleep each night, I'm lucky to get 8. I always wake up in the morning feeling faint and exhausted :(

Maybe you shouldn't be on APS at 9 o'clock at night then. Sub-teens/teens are supposed to get 9-10 hours a night minimum from memory

If you get to know yourself you will feel when you are at one of these "sleepiness valleys" if you like and that is your best chance of falling asleep. I read that when you feel this coming on, you need to drop everything and try to fall asleep before it passes.

These always come upon me when I'm at work. :(

Insomnia does indeed suck. Thankfully, I don't have a problem with involuntary insomnia at the moment, but I do it to myself because I get so involved with what I'm doing that I end up going to bed too late to get a decent night's sleep. :?

Maybe you shouldn't be on APS at 9 o'clock at night then. Sub-teens/teens are supposed to get 9-10 hours a night minimum from memory

If I went to bed now I wouldnt be asleep until midnight, anyway what person my age goes to bed before nine on a holiday? (My schools on holiday)

Well I've been out at Dreamworld today, going on some rides has exhausted me, the claw has made me feel a bit light headed with all the g forces (maybe cos I went on it 5 times ;)) and I'm getting tired, hopefully I get to sleep easily tonight, its been a long time since I've gone into bed and crashed to sleep.

I get 8 and a half hours per night because I have to catch a bus at 8:00...

the tablets purchased should contain besides calcium vitamins d3 and magnesium which aid with the absorbtion of calcium into your system,

Maybe I'll try snorting some of by Bearded Dragons Calcium supplement, haha
I think its got calcium and vit. D3. Not sure about magnesium though.

And before someone decides to call me an idiot, please realise that I am only joking, lol

That sucks that you cant sleep mate :( A really long and hot shower always helps me sleep whenever Im feeling a bit restless.

Maybe I'll try snorting some of by Bearded Dragons Calcium supplement, haha
Hahahahaha :lol:

JOIN Muay thai, that will sort all your sleeping problems out pronto.
Along with a proper diet. Im sure alot of people have bad diets which will contribute to your insomnia on some level.
Also reading a book does it for some people aswell.

correct me if im wrong but i heard not long ago that if you get more the 8 hours sleep a night it can lead to premature aging

im only young, but thats exactly what i feel like in the morning
I also wake up heaps of times during the night, only half conscious. But still that breaks my sleep and that may be one of the reasons I'm always tired in the morning :(
I managed to get 9 hrs last night yet I woke up this morning feeling groggy and horrible.

That's called waking up. Happens to everybody, you don't need to go on any meds to fix you.

I also wake up heaps of times during the night, only half conscious. But still that breaks my sleep and that may be one of the reasons I'm always tired in the morning :(
I managed to get 9 hrs last night yet I woke up this morning feeling groggy and horrible.

I know exactly how you feel!! I work shift work, so getting into a regular sleeping pattern is impossible (strangely enough, the best sleeps I get are when I'm doing night shift - maybe due to pure exhaustion) but otherwise I am lucky to get 3 - 4 hrs a night...

Someone once said that the best cure for insomnia is the realization it's time to get up. (too true, I always seem to fall asleep once I realize it's almost time to get up!!)

By the way, these "zinc" tablets don't happen to come in a small zip-lock bag which you get from a "friend" behind the local shops at 2am do they?! They sound good haha
And as someone else said, the best cure for insomnia is to jump on the good foot and do the bad thing. But if that's not an option, a (generous) glass of red before bed does the trick for me!

That's called waking up. Happens to everybody, you don't need to go on any meds to fix you.

I never used to be like that though, I always feel exhausted when I wake up now and I even get black spots in front of my eyes, I used to just feel a bit tired. And I'd never take any medication for that, I only take medication when I need it like when I've got tonsillitis or a migraine.

It's all because you have no motivation when you get up. I bet if you were doing something you loved when you woke up you wouldn't feel like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back