what am I

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

5potted

Reaction score
Found this little snake under the spa, he's about 10 cms long, any ideas what type of snake? (please don't say brown!)

25062011137.jpg

Its hard to tell the difference at that age, so just treat it as a rough scaled snake to be safe!

Yeah, Keelback, especially since he's near water! I have one around my place that eats all the cane toads XD But he stinks like yesterday's socks mixed with age old farts.

If someone was describing the snake over the phone, then it would be impossible to ID, but if you've relocated heaps of keelbacks, you know that the head shape in that pic is a keelback. It's not really something you can describe, but a Rough scale snake just looks like an elapid lol

keelback for sure. found alot near keelback creek in the Hervey's ranges near townsville. its the only snake that can fart lol not joking. they arent venomous but they do have nasty bacteria that they are immune to but a little beta-dine fixes that instantly if bitten.

Thanks guys, ended up letting him go at the back of our property as we've got acreage so well away from the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back