Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blakehose

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This is a new one Dad and I put together. Will be ready for its new occupant by the end of the week hopefully! The globe will be changed to an infared when it's done, this was just a tester. Dimensions are 6x3x2... it's going to take up a fair chunk of the herp room! I'll put up more photos when it's finished with its new owner.

Attachments

• Enclosure 1.jpg
    Enclosure 1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 123
  • Enclosure 2.jpg
    Enclosure 2.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 160
  • Enclosure 3.jpg
    Enclosure 3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Enclosure 4.jpg
    Enclosure 4.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 139
Olive Python Enclosure

View attachment 206922View attachment 206921View attachment 206920

Your new Olive Python enclosure sure looks good, but there is one thing l would like to mention here, why is it all white the timber and how come there is no hide box for the Olive Python to rest in, you will also need a large kitty cat litter tray as a water bowl, so it can soak in it, as you can see here in my photos for you to see.

One other thing Olive Python which hide in burrows or rock crevices aswell as hollow logs out in the wild, do need some heating provided from the floor of the enclosure at one end, but not the end where you will have the water bowl.

You can see in my photos how l have my Olive Pythons enclosure set-up for heating from above and below, and where l keep their large water bowl at the cool end, if you look closely at the middle photo where you see the 2 enclosures, the enclosure with the wheels where you see the sun reflecting on the door of the enclosure, just undeneath near the wheel on the left side you can see something just sticking out, what that is is a 50watt radiant heat panel to provide heating to the floor of that enclosure at the same end where you see the lights from above.

Blakehose, if you do decide to use a 50watt radiant heat panel make sure there is 1 inche gap between the top of the heat panel and the floor of the enclosure, that you place it under and thanks for letting me know l have a nice Olive Python.

Last edited:
I like! have you considered heat panels instead of lamps?!

I like! have you considered heat panels instead of lamps?!

I have thought about heat panels, though I do prefer heat globes. I've found they last ages when the cage is setup correctly. This way, it will heat the shelf too ;)

View attachment 206921View attachment 206920

Your new Olive Python enclosure sure looks good, but there is one thing l would like to mention here, why is it all white the timber and how come there is no hide box for the Olive Python to rest in, you will also need a large kitty cat litter tray as a water bowl, so it can soak in it, as you can see here in my photos for you to see.

As stated, it's not yet finished, so all of these things will be included when it's complete. Nice Olive you've got too!

Last edited:
Nice enclosure!! good size as well, How old is the olive that is going in there?

reptilian1933 with all that info for blakehose and knowledge i thought u would of atleast had cages around ur lights

reptilian1933 with all that info for blakehose and knowledge i thought u would of atleast had cages around ur lights

Many, many keepers, who have been into reptiles longer than you've been alive, do not use light cages. The old blokes I know who go cageless, swear by it. Do not take this as a dig, simply as a heads up as you have taken a shot at someone whom you probably know nothing about.

Cheers,
A.

EDIT: Should go with something on topic as well, nice work mate. That is a decent intermediate sized olive enclosure. Personally, I go with 1800L x 600H x 750D for an intermediate olive tank and 2400L x 600-750H x 900D for adults!

Last edited:
+1 Nicely said. And if you have spoken to Reptilian1993 I'm sure you will quickly find out that he really knows his stuff.

Many, many keepers, who have been into reptiles longer than you've been alive, do not use light cages. The old blokes I know who go cageless, swear by it. Do not take this as a dig, simply as a heads up as you have taken a shot at someone whom you probably know nothing about.

Cheers,
A.

l agree 100% with what you have stated here, us oldies who don't use light cages around the UV tubes and lights that provide heating to our Pythons, know what where doing and don't need some newcomer taken a shot at someone they don't know nothing about or never ever have spoken to or met once in person.

l myself have been keeping Pythons since August 1989, and l know what l'm doing here and how to look after and care for my beloved pet Pythons and Lizards, and don't need some newcomer getting on any Reptile forum and telling me what l do or don't know and accusing me of anything, after viewing photos of my set-up that l have been more than happy to share with others on here.

Thats a big olive!! Got any pics of her?

I don't have any photos of my own, sorry. Though if you have a look at the SXR website, at their female breeder, that's her!

l agree 100% with what you have stated here, us oldies who don't use light cages around the UV tubes and lights that provide heating to our Pythons, know what where doing and don't need some newcomer taken a shot at someone they don't know nothing about or never ever have spoken to or met once in person.

l myself have been keeping Pythons since August 1989, and l know what l'm doing here and how to look after and care for my beloved pet Pythons and Lizards, and don't need some newcomer getting on any Reptile forum and telling me what l do or don't know and accusing me of anything, after viewing photos of my set-up that l have been more than happy to share with others on here.

I think nearly 22years of experience is more than enough to convince me!

l to think 22 years of experience in keeping Reptiles is more than enough to convince anyone, l got my very first Childrens Python from Brian Barnett in August 1989, that was the first snake in mylife l ever got to keep but l got my very first Eastern Blue-Tongue in 1975, since then l had kept Blotched Blue-Tongues and Eastern Bearded Dragons and Gippsland Water Dragons.

This is just to let you and other out there know how long l myself Reptilian1933 (Les) have been keeping Reptiles for, but l'm no expert for when it comes down to keeping and breeding Reptiles, l'm still learning just like you and everyone else and have a long way to go in learning before l ever see myself as a expert in Reptile keeping.

EDIT: Should go with something on topic as well, nice work mate. That is a decent intermediate sized olive enclosure. Personally, I go with 1800L x 600H x 750D for an intermediate olive tank and 2400L x 600-750H x 900D for adults!

Now you've made me want to extend it!! I'll have to think about a couple of ways it can be done.

Just about ready to go!

Attachments

• 232.jpg
    232.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back