whats your most favorite horror movie?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like pet cemetery. I watched it when I was about 7 and it scared the crap out of me lol. I watched again recently and still think its good. I also like Saw. I have the all 7 of those movies on DVD :)

Did you venture to the next edition...? Pet Semetary II? (that's how it's spelt) I made my neices sit up and watch it with us one night - they don't like Stephen King any more! :lol:

tough choices, it also depends on what you class as horror!
predator
alien
saw 1
hellraiser
halloween- the mr zombie ones!
wolfcreek
scream

house of wax (only because paris hilton's acting is scary)

Ah, "Wolf Creek" was brilliant! A fantastic Australian film! Loved it! :) Except he was pretty gruesome, poor kids!

Well showing my age a bit but the movies that scared me when I was a little kid were critters, tremmors, pirahna's etc. They are just funny to watch now but I still love them, as far as newer ones, house of a 1000 corpses, the devils rejects, saw 1, the grudge, the ring, the eye (original), rec is pretty good. I have to say I love the zombie films as well, 28 days later, tokyo gore police, tokyo zombie, shaun of the dead, zombieland etc etc. Im sure there is heaps I've forgotten.

Hehehe, I'm with you Twitch! "Critters" was so cool! Nasty teeth, could've used a dentist more often! :)

Love all the old horror movies mentioned, when I was about 6 I saw Friday the 13th, scared the ******* out of me but from then on I have loved horror movies.

Ones over the last few yrs that I liked are, Thirteen Ghosts, Final Destination & The Hills Have Eyes.

...and "Final Destination II"?

The Shining
The Exorcist
Pet Cemetery
The Thing
Rosemary's Baby
The Sentinel
Blair Witch Project

Another Stephen King fan? Have you watched "Misery"? Read the book first, then watch the movie... Not really a "horror" movie, but a Stephen King thriller, nonetheless! One of my all-time faves!

Haha nah it's the one Snake Whisperer said

... hehehe, I knew that! Damn Creepshow! :)

The Dentist
Christine (in its day)
It
Misery
Well, any of the SK movies!
Pet Semetary I and II...

I just like watching 'horror'/'thriller'/'scary' movies for an escape - day to day life is a horror movie enough sometimes! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You cannot beat Nightmare on Elm Street 3 'Dream Warriors' the eighties at its best & Freddies 'one liners' by this stage were absolutely gold.
"How sweet! Fresh meat!"
Loved Elm St 1-2-3 (after those......meh), although while never finding slasher movies scary, they are still very enjoyable.
The Elm St concept was a good one too, & different to the usual psychopath with a knife/machete etc theme.

Creepshow was classic. I think one of the stories within that movie had Leslie Neilson too.
Yep, other stories included Stephen King getting covered in moss, Ted Danson, Ed Harris (since Creepshow we've always referred to Ed Harris as "Hank the Dancer")....

I'm a little ashamed to say The Blair Witch Project scared me too actually. Just the final scene though...
I watched it when it first came out and i went into it thinking it was real...it is a really creapy movie if you go in with that mindset

I was freaked out by Alfred Hitchcoks The Birds because i saw it when i was 7 then i moved to Australia and got pecked and attacked by a magpie and absolutely crapped myself....never knew there were birds that actually did this...

Last edited:
Aaaahhh just remembered the Wish master......
and loved the old vincent price classics
and the old Frankenstein movies too
there used to be a Horror movie on every
Friday night on chanel 7 when I was 10/11
we would have sleepovers and watch it(used
to scare ourselves sillier lol)

I watched it when it first came out and i went into it thinking it was real...it is a really creapy movie if you go in with that mindset

I was freaked out by Alfred Hitchcoks The Birds because i saw it when i was 7 then i moved to Australia and got pecked and attacked by a magpie and absolutely crapped myself....never knew there were birds that actually did this...

Nice! Forgot about "The Birds". Completely original story, and to take something as banal as a 'flock of birds' and make them terrifying was pure genius!

Did you venture to the next edition...? Pet Semetary II? (that's how it's spelt) I made my neices sit up and watch it with us one night - they don't like Stephen King any more! :lol:

Ah, "Wolf Creek" was brilliant! A fantastic Australian film! Loved it! :) Except he was pretty gruesome, poor kids!

Hehehe, I'm with you Twitch! "Critters" was so cool! Nasty teeth, could've used a dentist more often! :)

...and "Final Destination II"?

Another Stephen King fan? Have you watched "Misery"? Read the book first, then watch the movie... Not really a "horror" movie, but a Stephen King thriller, nonetheless! One of my all-time faves!

... hehehe, I knew that! Damn Creepshow! :)

The Dentist
Christine (in its day)
It
Misery
Well, any of the SK movies!
Pet Semetary I and II...

I just like watching 'horror'/'thriller'/'scary' movies for an escape - day to day life is a horror movie enough sometimes! :)

i love stephen king!!!!

hmmm, where do i start!
The exorsim of emily rose
the exorsist
disturbia
the grudge 1 &2
all the Saw movies
IT
Pet semetary 1 &2
the original texas chainsaw masacere
the original trick or treat
the original amityville horror
the remakes of the above originals
the unborn
the orphan
the uninvited
friday the 13th originals and the cinema release
hellraiser
sleepy hollow
nightmare on elm street series
the hostel series
halloween series
christine
drag me to hell
wolfcreek
28 days later
28weeks later
[REC] -also known as quarantine (american version but not as good)
i've seen to many anime horror to name
paranormal isnt really horror its more a psychological thriller but i didnt sleep right for a few months as our house creaks

Ok I am a huge movie buff
I acually own over 3000 dvds (inc tv series)
I am mainly into supernatural movies but I do watch a lot of slashers.
The only one that has got me which made me leave the cinema was 13 ghosts it still makes me jump today.
There is a movie called After.Life not scary but completly mind boggling.

dont make them like they use to ...
have not seen a good H film in ages...

when I was little there was this movie where ever this dog went this monster thing followed it...and one of the seens was the person open up their bathroom mirror cabnet to brush their teeth..then shuts it again forgetting the toothbrush...when they open it again the whole inside is missing and then a massive hand grabs the person by the face and pulls them in...what movie is this .. been looking for years...packed my dacks at like 5years of age watching it but cant find it again to have a laugh and watch it :)

OH OH OH MARSTER OR HORROR ~! short hour movies done buy named people with named actors Eg Ron Pearlman!
worth watching all...one was banned in Aus got the ban lifted about 2years ago...
another called "Jennifer " was a tripped out movie haha watch it

Last edited:
My most favourite horror movie is ( Kingdom Of The Spiders ), l like the way they take over a country town and people get wrapped in silky spiderweb and look like a mummy.

l ordered my copy of the movie from America its not available here in Australia on DVD, you can search for it on amazon click on movies.

Has anyone seen a movie I think it was called Killer clowns from mars. I saw it years ago remember it as a pretty good whatch. Killer clowns start wrapping people in fairy floss and jam straws in and drink them.lol was pretty funny.

"Killer Clowns from Outer Space" I think its called. Freaked me out too lol.

I adore all (older) Stephen King books, the movies, well, some are ok. I do love how he has a bit part in most of them!
I am a bit of a b-grade horror buff, but I like to be able to see the monster, see the gore, and most movies are way too darkly lit in order to 'heighten' the horror.

Descent is great, Descent II is ok. Feast is just wrong on so many levels (I actually dry heaved for 10 minutes from a certain scene...) but has awesome monsters.

All time fave would have to be the Alien quadrilogy though.

I haven't seen the second one yet... but I will :D

Ed Gein. Not striclty horror tho . . . kind of documentary to.

Think that a lot of recent horror characters are loosely based on this real life freak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back