Escapee

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Samee

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone my husband set up our 2 1/2 yr old spotteds new enclosure n put him in there last night and when I got up to feed the baby at 3.30 discovered he had escaped can't find the lil bugger any where yet ahhh. Hopefully find him soon.
79df6c68-b0f3-9ceb.jpg
this is him in there last night

Yes the doors r perspex so he's squashed his head in between the small gap where the doors over lap and squeezed through that so doors will need to be fixed so it never happens again once he is found

Check all the warm spots ie near electrical equipment also block of all your room and search 1 by one good luck it's suprising how many of these threads I have seen good luck hope u find it soon

Yes the doors r perspex so he's squashed his head in between the small gap where the doors over lap and squeezed through that so doors will need to be fixed so it never happens again once he is found
I have found that you buy foam/rubber strips with an adhesive backing to stick in between the over lapped glass/perspex and makes a good seal..

Still no sign think I mit have to stay up tonight n see if he comes out

I had my snake escape last month... i warmed the house up to make him more active and just waited... put food on a warm plate in the middle of a room he may be in... he may come out to find it...

dust the floor (if you dont have carpet) with flour and if he goes over it he will leave a trail which will help you track him...

I would put flour on the floor but I have a 5 yr old on school holidays and a 10 month old crawling but we will definitely be putting food out

well at least you will be able to track them down... :p we also put towels at the bottom of the front door and any door where he could escape

It really could be anywhere in the house, near or far from the escape point. My advice for searching would be start at one point and work your way around a room in the same direction, looking through/over/under/inbetween everything. Good luck anyways and perhaps try switching to glass, using the felt tape overlap advice as well.

Still no sign have looked everywhere getting a bit worried he mit of got in the garage and got out before we released he was missing but my husband doesn't think he would of gone out there cause it's to cold cross fingers he shows up

My Childrens escaped when he was a little tacker and I couldnt find him for two days then one morning at a little over 2 am one of our dogs started barking and low and behold was our "Joe" curled up on the hallway, so don't give up it may yet show up when you don't expect it to. Hope it does, cheers.

Just found him after all that time so very happy

No he wasn't he was right behind the huge cabinet he came out of we looked there but couldn't see him. And yes it was 2 weeks only found him cause my 10 month old crawled past n scared him when he was sticking his head out so I saw him pull back. So very happy n yes will be very careful n switching to glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back