what frustrates you about some people with reptile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

calebs92

Reaction score
springfield lakes ,ipswich ,qld ,australia
well mine is when someone says ive got a snake an you ask them what type an the reply a carpet python an you say what type carpet an they say i dont no. like you seriously cant be looking after it properly if you dont no what it is. well what frustrates / annoys you about some people with reptile

People who get into the hobby with dollars signs in their eyes ONLY, morons who buy snakes to look tough, pfft... oh, and people who buy snakes first then research later.

People buying snakes and getting rid of them because it didn't cross their mind that they might bite

So called breeders that sell undersize snakes worse still theres even prople selling non feeding snakes and dont tell you

well mine is when someone says ive got a snake an you ask them what type an the reply a carpet python an you say what type carpet an they say i dont no. like you seriously cant be looking after it properly if you dont no what it is. well what frustrates / annoys you about some people with reptile
Well the care for them all IS the same (except diamonds).
But my friend said he has a carpet python and I said what type and he said "Theres only one type?" Turns out it was a stimsons python... hmmm.

Hmm, well I did not buy my snake my parents bought it and it didn't cross their minds to ask what its locality was. So I have always been stuck with a snake that I am unsure of being a coastal or a jungle, or somewhere mixed between.

and people who buy snakes first then research later.

Thats the one that bugs me the most, buy the snake and then come crying on here on how to look after it, there should be a basic test to get a license IMO.

Hmm, well I did not buy my snake my parents bought it and it didn't cross their minds to ask what its locality was. So I have always been stuck with a snake that I am unsure of being a coastal or a jungle, or somewhere mixed between.
The seller quite possibly wouldn't know what type of carpet it was. Sometimes they just tell you what you want to hear.

there is some people that think they know more than everyone else and are always right. I have seen people like steve irwin and other wild life guys puzzled by different speices they have never come across in there life time. no one is perfect like my spelling [very bad] about 5 errors in each thread maybe more haha

yes when I first got into the hobby I believed what I was told.
I ended up with two undersize non feeding bredlis.
I survived they survived and are now thriving. But I swear i will not do this someone else . I believe in total disclosure about the animals we sell. And if there are issues then the animal should not be sold until they are fit feeding and healthy.

People that say stuff thinking that they know what they are talking about, but in reality have no knowledge or experience & are talking a load of bull.

Cheers

some people that do reptile road shows that have way under size and under weight replies for their ages.

^^^^^
Just idle curiousity but exactly how can you have undersize reptiles?
I didnt know there was a size limit??

My pet peeve is the ones who decide they know everything and wont listen
We had a group of Aussies in yesterday
Most were ok but one loud mouth wanted to show off and kept grabbing my snakes by the head to show how to hold a snake; [in his opinion anyway]
Just to shut him uo I opened the viv of the Bitch and told him if he could lift her out without getting hit Id give him $50
Shes a bit over 4 metres of pretty hyper retic and hates getting her head touched
About 2 minutes later he decided to keep quiet and watched while I just picked her up by the body and handed her to one of the girls
As they left he was telling everyone that he could have grabbed it but didnt want to hurt the snake????
Some idiots are hopeless cases

Some people DO have to comment just to put you down. Hey- that's mine!- They have nothing better to do with their lives than make other people feel wrong about themselves.

What frustrates me about others who keep Reptiles, is those who cannot be bothered doing any research on what ever species of Reptiles they want to keep before they rush out to get them, and those who are only into keeping Reptiles for one reason to profit on them, and don't have a love or passion for their Reptiles, l also get annoyed when newcomer to the herp communitty get on these Reptile forum thinking they know everything, and they enjoy having ago at us oldies who have been into keeping and breeding Reptiles for 15 or more years, and or we are trying to do is pass on our knowledge to those new to the Reptile game.

l also get frustrated when other who are into breeding Reptiles go out their way to cross-breed sub-species just so they can design a Python, based on the Python colours and marking so they can charge alot more money for what ever they manage to breed, than they would get for pure un-related Pythons.

Some people DO have to comment just to put you down. Hey- that's mine!- They have nothing better to do with their lives than make other people feel wrong about themselves.

Taraleigh, l agree 100% with what your saying here in your post, l myself seem to cop alot on this Reptile forum from other members, who have nothing better to do but put me down, like you say they have nothing better to do with their life other than to make you feel wrong in what ever your saying, sometimes l feel like not wanting to help anyone on this forum cause l know l will cop a bit from others on here, who think they know far more than l do for when it comes down to keeping and breeding Reptiles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back