Busted rat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alaslim

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey i just fed my adult jungle a rat and it bust open on the stomach as he took it. Is there any problem with this? (other than he has a bit of blood and guts on him)
cheers

Can sometimes happen if you overheat your rat, that is use too hot water for thawing or reheating. No problem apart from the mess.

yeah i think thats what happened, should i try wipe the goo off him or will he wash it of in the water bowl by himself?

If he looks really gross you can try to wash him off in a few days, but they usually don't get too messy despite the smell. I like to clean up that area of the enclosure well afterwards. Happens every now and then.

Its really gross when your mate makes you defrost it in his microwave to feed to a wild snake..... Needless to say, the snake went along hungry.

Hey i just fed my adult jungle a rat and it bust open on the stomach as he took it. Is there any problem with this? (other than he has a bit of blood and guts on him)
cheers
Next time you should get some pics and video!When I had my MD I was always careful not to have this happen, sounds gross, but since it didnt happen to me, i want pics, haha

had it happen many times mate its caused from thoring out to quick or the water you use is to how what i do now is put the snake food in a sink of luke warm water (frozer rat) then let the water get cool and refill the sink with warm water not HOT leave it in there for a while and just keep checking on the rat/mouse feel if the skull and belly are warm if not drain the water and put fresh stuff in ( there is no hurry to feed ur snake do not try to thore it out super quick). hope this helps i lost so many mice due to this i was blaming it on the breeder turns out it was my fault.
best of luck and i know that gross smell something u dont want in ur enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back