what frustrates you about some people with reptile

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People buying snakes and getting rid of them because it didn't cross their mind that they might bite

I totally agree with this - if you are not prepared to take a few hits/love bites and are too scared to handle your snake because of the fear and then want to get rid of it to try and get a quiet one, then you SHOULD NOT HAVE SNAKES AT ALL...

well mine is when someone says ive got a snake an you ask them what type an the reply a carpet python an you say what type carpet an they say i dont no. like you seriously cant be looking after it properly if you dont no what it is. well what frustrates / annoys you about some people with reptile
With all the people breeding jags x diamonds x albino darwins x carpondro x superstriped hypo reduced patterned morelias in a few years no one will know what sort of carpet python they have.

The thing that bothers me most about people everywhere is when they are not willing to learn and listen to others. Sometimes they have a little knowledge and think that they know everything. Sometimes they know a fair bit and think there is nothing left to learn. I think you can learn from everyone - if only what NOT to do. Often you just have to shut up and listen. It is always worthwhile. If you disagree, you can say so, but no need to make personal attacks. Often saying nothing may be best or just offering another opinion politely. People tend to forget that on the forum!

You can find out a lot on here Caleb, you just have to ignore some of the petty folks. There is a wealth of knowledge here and lots of great ideas. That is why I hang out, too. I am always learning something.

I frustrate myself because I can write so good but try explaining things verbally? I make myself sound dumb & stupid. I couldn't give a lecture if my life depended on it. My voice shakes and quivers, yet I can write a piece and give all the information perfectly. The stuff I write on here, I doubt I could talk that good.

My husband frustrates me because he barely pays attention to my reptiles. When I tell him I want to buy something he doesn't batter an eyelid. When I tell him I've got it he grizzles that I went behind his back and refuses to accept that he just did not listen when I told him about it. If I harp on about it he will eventually say I can't have it so now, I tell him once and enjoy the fact he don't listen and don't dare bring it up again until the little angel is in my hands.

Last edited:
I have two diamonds housed together and they are perfectly fine.

I had two 2yr old bredli's together and were fine until I said they were fine, and then that same day they tried to eat each other.

Feeding live rodents to their pythons for a 'treat'.... and not having a clue on why it shouldn't be done.. and the expression on their faces when you explain it to them.

I might add... people who breed rodents to feed their snakes and they put them in the freezer to kill them...

Last edited:
People who cross breed snakes.While even I admire the beauty of some, imo, it wil only lead to some mixed snakes being sold as pure snakes. Which in turn may lead to mixed snakes being bred with pure snakes muddying what has so far been pure bloodlines.

You can find out a lot on here Caleb, you just have to ignore some of the petty folks. There is a wealth of knowledge here and lots of great ideas. That is why I hang out, too. I am always learning something.

Ditto here! My philosophy is "you're never too old to learn"... And when it comes to reptiles, we'll each be learning over TWO lifetimes! And, as Red-Ink pointed out, there is not "only one way" to keep reptiles...!

If you can be patient enough to wade through some of the 'mud', you will find gold. Those here that are prepared to hand you a nugget, grab onto it with both hands! :)

Most frustrating would have to be tyre-kickers, picture collectors and internet experts.

I have two diamonds housed together and they are perfectly fine.

I had two 2yr old bredli's together and were fine until I said they were fine, and then that same day they tried to eat each other.

l house 2 Olive Pythons that are both 20 months old together in one enclosure, and l house 2 larger Olive Pythons that are 2 roughly 2 half years old together in one enclosure, and they all get along well together but l seperate them at feed time, just to make sure they wont attack each other over their food.

people who don't research their stuff and end up getting a corn snake from goodness knows where... (only applies to Australia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back